1.1- Product & Market Knowledge: develops a strong knowledge of FIC products and product features, trading standards, and market dynamics. Partake to trainings sessions, product presentations and visit hubs to exchange ideas on a frequent basis. Develop a Market Advisory approach with relative value analysis and trade idea generation in close interaction with Trading and Global Research.
1.2 –Sales Talent & Efforts: to pitch SG capabilities especially Global Research and Trading products, recruits new clients, identify their needs and trade with them, establish a durable and permanent relationship; not just concentrating on existing clients but also on new ones.
1.3- Market Intelligence: Knows his market, the needs of each client segment, what competitors do in terms of products –Feedback the information to management, other sales teams, Engineering / Structuring teams and trading teams to improve capabilities of the platform.
1.4 –Team Work & Cooperation:
- work closely and back-up other team members to ensure client business continuity, ensure effective team work within local but also global teams, as well as with other departments in the group.
- make necessary meetings to introduce and leverage our Traders, Research and other product partners, strong Sales & Trading Alignment, develop dialogue with other sales in all centers regionally & globally to facilitate information sharing and to foster cross selling and client referral.
- Be a role model for junior staff (demonstrate drive and professionalism) –Lead by example to junior staff of the team.
- Fit in well with rest of team and into SG’s culture
1.5 –Reporting and Transparency: Regular reports meetings to various parties involved in coverage and all necessary stakeholders, enter information on client and meeting into IC or any other CMU tools, report to necessary managers and / or COO of sensitive incidents or transactions.
1.6 –Compliance: Refers to Sales Handbook and avoid to enter into any discussion or transaction that could lead to a long-term liability for SG. Understand local rules and regulations of his market (s) and complies with all internal guidelines pre-and post -trade (notably but obviously not only such as KYC, credit pre-trade check in Riskweb tool, suitability check and process, appropriate and validated marketing documents by relevant stakeholders including Compliance department, appropriate legal documentation and regulatory requirements, SG internal execution and trading standards, margin policy, CVA and RAROC guideline, timely and appropriate booking of transactions, pre- and final confirmation etc …), but also all the other general business guidelines such as gift and entertainment policy, information security guidelines and restrictions versus external or internal communication (especially when dealing with any confidential or private information, Chinese walled transactions, GILT listed deals…) etc…, and always refers / escalate all potential issues / internal or external incidents to management, COO or Compliance.
1.7 –Dealing Procedures & Coordination:
- Cooperates with support functions –is not mentioned as a problem maker by the various departments (Middle Office, Back Office, Legal etc),
- Properly input deals in IT systems, in an exhaustive manner, pays particular attention to the correctness of term sheets and the credit processes (IFlows etc) –validated quickly Final Terms when needed. Daily & Monthly Reporting in RTQS.
- Keep operational risks and errors close to zero if possible.
- In regards of the Product Mandate and Client Coverage, is autonomous and reliable to execute client orders according to SG internal execution standards from pre-trade to post-trade requirements as listed but not restricted below: (refer to Sales handbook and consecutive amendments for exhaustive) list)
1. Pre trade coordination: KYC On-boarding process, Client Capacity and Product suitability check, Credit checks within Iflow and Iforce, Finalization and validation of supporting legal documents (ISDA, CSA, GMRA, Termsheet, Confirmation), Review of Marketing documents
2. Trade confirmation: Execution and recording of trades with clients according to SG standards and regulatory requirements (MiFid and DFA as an example), Timely input in booking systems, respect of Sales Credit and Margin Policies
3. Post Trade coordination: Settlement instructions, cooperation with various middle office teams, reporting and valuation process with CSU, Back Office and OPER support
Application conditions Requirements:
- Know how to sell flow Fixed Income products. Specialty in Credit would be ideal.
- Basic knowledge on Credit products
- Good personality and having team spirit that fits to our team
- Confident to Sales and Negotiation skills
- Able to handle heavy pressure as he / she will be able to take charge as a Major Institutional Investors
- Good communication skill both internally (in English and Japanese) and externally with Japanese clients.
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
Today, Societe Generale in Japan consists of four core businesses: Societe Generale, Tokyo Branch; Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited, Lyxor Asset Management Japan and Societe Generale Aircraft Leasing Company Limited. These four entities are in line with our worldwide focus on Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets, and Asset Management.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organization, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Securities Japan Limited
Starting date: 2021/01/21
Publication date: 2020/12/21