To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work / life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
What you’ll be doing …
The Account Executive (Named) will be responsible for driving sales revenue and managing relationships with a set of strategically important Named Accounts located in an assigned geography or vertical market.
The Account Executive (Named) will represent Tableau, demonstrating relentless Customer Focus by managing all aspects of account development, sales process, and customer relationship management with C level executives across multiple business functions.
As a senior and strategic lead role in our sales team, this position contributes significantly to business and revenue targets by developing and expanding our footprint among our most strategic accounts. This role is a quota-carrying sales position.
Some of the things you”ll be doing include…
- Create individually tailored account sales plans for each customer to deliver strategic sales objectives. Leverage account planning tools, including insight and relationship maps, opportunity maps, and activity plans. Leverage relationships from across the multi-discipline internal teams to gain insight, sales support, and resource commitments.
- Execute the account plan while exhibiting relentless Customer Focus and defining clear revenue objectives and strategic goals for each customer. Continually review, adapt, and maintain plans to ensure changing priorities, challenges, and opportunities are considered and communicated effectively.
- Provide strategic direction to a matrix account team to develop and manage sales opportunities and the customer relationship across multiple operators for each account in a timely manner including resource from Sales Consultants, Business Development Representatives, Services Practice Managers, Marketing, Inside Sales Support, Enterprise Sales Representatives, and Customer Success professionals to develop, manage and enhance the customer relationships and value.
- Build and manage strategic partner alliances and relationships as part of the fully integrated account plan.
- Effectively leverage internal resources to meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities within the assigned accounts.
- Structure, negotiate, and close complex sales transactions to meet revenue targets.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system.
- Provide regular and accurate reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Develop and maintain deep economic, industry, market, and financial information relevant to the account base and utilize this knowledge to ensure maximum value to the customer and Tableau when building the account plan, sales goals, and customer relationship.
- Nurture and expand Tableau’s relationship with customer accounts; become a trusted advisor for senior stakeholders.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers, and extended team and partners.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategic planning, sales training, customer marketing efforts, and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
Who you are …
- Experienced. Significant field-based software including missionary selling, conceptual selling and solution selling sales experience. Demonstrable expertise managing C-level relationships. Experience selling into the financial vertical preferred.
- Domain. Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Warehousing, Predictive Modeling, or similar background / experience. Bachelor’s Degree with a technical or business focus or relevant work experience preferred.
- Amazing Salesperson. Excellent complex deal structure and negotiations skills. You have a desire, even an obsession, to bring new customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue. You are a closer.
- Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that Tableau’s products will improve the world – one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Performer. Excellent complex deal structure and negotiations skills. In depth account plan building and management skills. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Relentlessly High Standards. You’re not satisfied with the status quo. You thrill in your accomplishments but also know it’s about doing and improving.
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. You love the idea of sharing the Tableau story.
- Go-Getter. Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-moving organization; reactive and open to new ideas and challenges. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Accommodations –If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits. Equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.