Requisition ID: 272827
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0-60%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What will you do?
We have an opportunity for a Delivery Consultant who is passionate about both technology and customer service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn about our customer’s business and the business objectives they are seeking to achieve in management of their external workforce.
- Develop strategic relationships with key influencers in the customer organization.
- Lead business discovery and design workshops with customers
- Go beyond the surface of what they are asking for, and get to the heart of what their business actually needs.
- Analyze existing processes and policies for managing external workers, and offer solutions that will improve program efficiencies.
- Influence the customer towards best practice recommendations.
- Consult with customers on an optimal alignment of the system’s technical capability and key business outcomes.
- Design and configure the SAP Fieldglass suite
- Complete the configuration of all Fieldglass modules.
- Complete unit testing to ensure there are no problems with the configuration (initial deployment, expansion or enhancements to existing solution).
- Provide demonstrations for customer stakeholder groups; build consensus for your design.
- Understand design alternatives, configure and prove them out, present these with insight on the pros and cons of each.
- Master the capabilities of the system and how to apply them.
- Collaborate with customers and partners to source and manage data imports into Fieldglass, with field mapping and data quality activities, as needed.
- Participate in testing activities, respond to customer issues and customer change requests, ensuring the overall solution delivers the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal teams. Project success is measured by on-time delivery, delivering expected revenue, not exceeding expected effort and providing a positive customer experience. When issues arise which may impact project success, you are able and willing to take corrective action. This includes working outside of your primary job role when required, in coordination with the other internal support teams.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, covering the full Customer Lifecycle from Sales, Implementation, Account Services, Application Support to achieve an excellent customer experience
- Foster relationships with Customers and Partners to promote and preserve exceptional customer experience, promoting retention and customer growth. Provide thought leadership and industry knowledge to maximize the benefits our customers can achieve.
Who do we need?
Essential skills and background include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Information Services, or related course of study preferred
- Superior technical aptitude, strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to consult with customers effectively, influence outcomes and manage client expectations.
- Maintain composure in difficult situations; defuse conflicts by finding win-win solutions.
- High attention to detail with high quality standards for own work products
- Ability to self-manage time and tasks, including managing multiple concurrent customer engagements
- Ability to quickly build rapport, build and maintain trusted relationships with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn complex concepts and subjects under a variety of conditions, including: formal and informal training; on the job coaching and mentoring; technical documentation; peer collaboration; trial and error.
- Experience in SQL queries, XML coding, ad hoc report development is desirable
- Advanced Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, VLookups, and building macros
- Advanced skills in Office Suite –Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook
- Ability to travel 10-60%
Highly desirable skills and background include:
- Previous experience working in an external consulting role is strongly preferred
- Previous customer service experience, ideally within a technology organization supporting Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Domain knowledge or work experience in recruiting, human resources, procurement, accounts payable, finance
- Previous experience with the Fieldglass suite is desirable
- Solid work ethic and dedication to producing high quality accurate work
- Exposure to Project Management approaches and methodologies – Prince, PMP, Agile
- Organization Change Management (OCM)
Japanese (Fluent / Native), English (Above business level)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment –apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e- mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or, APJ :, EMEA :).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.