Mission / Purpose of the Job:
Lead, manage and execute one or more major manufacturing innovation or step change programs within the Semiconductor Chamber Solutions Division. The AMPE works to ensure that the programs deliver to the divisional manufacturing strategy within agreed timelines, budgetary requirements and with Voice of the Customer, Safety and Quality built into program requirements.
The AMPE will be responsible for translating the divisional manufacturing strategy into real time programs and project plans in the product companies to drive operational agility, adaptability, spped of execution and improved effectiveness & efficiency. The AMPEs support the Division on its mission to delight customers and drive CSL around OTD to Request.
- Implement new manufacturing technologies with the goal of providing enhanced manufacturing performance and / or cost, maintaining or improving our competitive advantage.
- Focus on designing and operating advanced integrated systems which may include computer networks, cobots, high-tech tools, and laboratory equipment, to produce high-quality products.
- Ensure planned operational improvements can be realized leading to improved Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People, Environment (SQDCPE). Manufacturing capacity and capability are in place to implement program. Delivery on time and budget plus cost and quality targets are met.
- Work with Central teams, general managers and their teams to share and take input to the roadmap, project plan and resource for technology developing the PC’s. Building a detailed understanding of the current operations environment and challenges will be required
- Work closely with Product Company (PC) leadership teams to ensure smooth execution and delivery of advanced manufacturing programs, ensuring the resources in the PC are aligned to the program as required and build and develop the correct skills and tools required to deliver the projects.
- Manage and supervise manufacturing processes leading from the very start to the end including f liaison with procurement to purchase the tools, arrange the production equipment, materials, and product parts after communicating with the Operations team with regard to design specifications. Relay information and instructions to the manufacturing team, and ensure they are executing and delivering expected results.
- Ensure product design / development process quality aligns to the manufacturing process, working with engineering team on the design testing methods to check if the quality of the products are made with the industry standards in mind, as well as evaluate if the manufacturing process is effective or not.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge on facility, product design, manufacture, and assembly techniques especially with regard to market & geo-political volatility.
- Ensure compliance with international standards such as ISO9000, TS16949, ISO14001, ISO 45000 etc
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
Excellent influencing, negotiation skills at multiple organisational levels, including executive level
Must be able to analyze complex program requirements, identify key phases & workstreams
Well organized, displaying clear, rational and analytical approach to problem solving and planning
Remains calm under pressure and has the ability to find creative and pragmatic solutions
Willing to look for / explore new solutions or methods
Flexibility to travel to multiple Edwards locations nationally and internationally on a regular basis
Ability to manage performance of 3rd party service providers, to ensure services deliver value for money
- Qualifications / Education / Certifications:
Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline.
Recognised Project or Program Management certification desirable.
Minimum of 5 years with demonstrated ability to deliver large complex manufacturing programs
Previous management experience in an engineering / manufacturing company is preferred
Experience in leading quality and other improvement projects.
Demonstrated skill and achievement in implementing Lean practices in a manufacturing environment.
Solid experience with MES & ERP programs and solutions.
Scope of the job
- Provides advanced manufacturing solutions for a business with annual output in revenue terms of around US $ 300M and formula
250 people in manufacturing related processes. * Global role, based in one of the product companies (USA or Japan) with travel as needed to other locations including supplier and / or customer sites.
- Working in the divisional team but with strong influence over the manufacturing teams in the product companies both current and future.
- Exact number of projects under the purview of this role will depend on scale and complexity.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range. of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R & D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.