Working in Application Support means you’ll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You’ll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus. : design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you’ll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you’ ll have the opportunity to develop professionally –and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
This is a position responsible for supporting the production environment for Banking Technology in Japan. The key products include cash management, payments & collections and clearing business. The candidate will be responsible to drive numerous local vendors and clearing house systems implementation and production support from technical perspective.
The specific responsibilities are:
- Production Support and Technical implementation functions for Japan
- Strong communication and partnership with the key business operators in managing day-to-day production support and projects
- Manage critical production incidents and escalation including communication / discussion with clearing house / Client communications / Regulators
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS / BA degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of application development
- Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages, plus an interest in learning other coding languages and skills as needed
- Working knowledge of development toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
Essential Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- At least 5 years of experience in production services team in a banking environment is preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with working in a global environment / culture
- Bilingual English / Japanese (Business level read and write) is mandatory, given interaction with various staleholders in either language
- Flexible for working hours (Weekend works / Late or Early shift work)
- Linux / UNIX support experience and middleware application knowledge (MQ, Web, Oracle DBA etc.)
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Strong coordination skills with multiple teams in a distributed environment
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under extreme pressure and stress
- Positive Attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to absorb & present complex ideas quickly & accurately
- Good prioritization and time management
About Us: JP Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team: Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
JP Morgan Chase