We’re changing the way people think about transportation. At Uber we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world!
With New Verticals, we’re building Uber’s fastest growing, and our next 10 ^ 10, business. Global in scope, with a focus on our largest potential grocery and other new verticals markets, the team is responsible for all grocery and new verticals operations / sales / strategy across markets. This nimble and innovative team is tasked with building a sustainable high growth business as we expand from restaurants to other high growth verticals. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together!
- Data analysis: design, execute and automate processes to run and optimize the business performance and reliability. You will autonomously build your own analyzes and dashboards to measure your projects’ success such as Monthly or Quarterly Business Review. Design and develop metrics, reports, analyzes , and dashboards to drive key business and product decisions to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Experimentation & Project Management: perform analysis and experiments to find growth opportunities for the New Verticals business and manage overall projects of New Bets & Experimentation
- Process & Tool Creation: One of an Operations Manager’s main responsibilities is to create processes and tools for our teams in the field. For example, you might build operational processes such as Delivery Partner training to handle Grocery orders, automate a reliability dashboard to help Account Managers handle their top / low performers, build new rules that are more adapted to grocery partners than restaurants, optimize stores onboarding processes, etc.
- Strategy: support the team lead on building a clear strategy on New Verticals
- Stakeholder management: an important cross-functional partner to teams working with New Verticals, to ensure we craft relevant and adapted processes (CommOps, Legal, Comms, etc.)
- Interactions with Product teams: You will maintain links between on-the-ground teams and our internationally-based Product teams for everything we need to build on the Product front for our New Verticals business. You will be represent the Japan market, helping to prioritize future application changes, and you’ll help launch all the new product features
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- At least 4+ years’ experience in a Startup, Strategy Consulting, Operations Management or other demonstrated experience
- A process enthusiast with a proven record of leading initiatives and projects at your organization that drive positive impact for your business
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space, and innovation in particular
- Self starter, relationship oriented person with a confirmed ability to work smoothly and efficiently with other partners
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced work environment and not afraid to contribute when opportunity calls
- Excellent SQL and Excel skills
- Expertise with SQL databases –ideally Vertica, Redshift, and / or Hadoop.
- Familiarity with statistics, regression analysis, and causal analysis.
- Fluency in English required and Japanese is strong plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.