Additional Work Location (s):
About the Role
The Accounting Manager will directly support the Sr. Manager, Controlling – Accounting & Reporting of Japan. He / She manages the day-to-day activities of the Accounting Teams consisting of Sr. Accountants, Accountants & T & E, to ensure activities are aligned with statutory, corporate and divisional policy / regulations.
2 Senior accountants and 2 accountants should report to this role.
What You Will Do
- Oversee Accounting teams daily work pertaining to cost, general accounting, cost center, intercompany activities, accounts payable, accounts receivable, T & E functions.
- Compliance process (Audit –SOX, monthly / Quarterly Audit packs, BS account review).
- Administer maintenance of general ledgers and financial statements.
- Helps train existing and new staff on updated processes, technology and accounting practices to ensure best in class service.
- Ensures procedures and controls are adequate and functioning to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results.
- Perform due diligence into specific line items to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Coordinates, and administers, an adequate plan for control of the operations.
- Implements Company policies and procedures related to financial activities.
- Collaborates on the monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood.
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual account analysis for all accounts; creates audit pack reports per compliance.
- Undertakes special studies and investigations as requested by senior management or those that are self-directed.
- Assures company is in compliance with accounting pronouncements and governmental requirements.
- May lead designated projects to improve transparency, operations, productivity and profitability
- Coordinates monthly variance analysis process.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Chartered Accountant, CPA and / or Nihon Boki Level 1 is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of SAP is required; experience with BPC preferred
- Must have more than 5 years experience managing highly productive teams
- Knowledge and work experience based on both IFRS and Japanese GAAP
- Bilingual (Japanese native & business level English) in speaking, reading and writing
- Work experience in globally operated company (ie Foreign company experience is an advantage)
- Must have displayed timely and accurate work
What is Nice to Have
- Understanding and working in past organizations having centralized and de-centralized structures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and perform effectively in a fast-paced matrix environment
- Capable of handling multiples projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills and proactive communication
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and strong follow through required
What Makes You Eligible
- Willingness to travel (regional) 10% of the time.
What We Offer
- We offer a challenging and exciting environment to work
- We offer you good work environment –our brand-new office in Akihabara (3mins walk from Akihabara Station).
- We offer retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, Relo club
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment. , challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()