We are looking for a Database Go To Market (GTM) Specialist, to drive adoption of AWS Database Services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc…)
As a GTM Specialist, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and assist deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s Database Engines within the Enterprise, ISV, Digital Natives, SMB, and Start-Up communities. Your responsibilities. will include helping to define key market segments and / or workloads, contributing to the necessary business, and facilitating technical relationships with customers and partners to help establish new business in those markets, and supporting databases in their day-to-day interactions with customers in order to build long-term business opportunity. You will also work closely with the product / teams to help them evolve the products, and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to support an engagement and interact at the CxO / VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He / she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Database specialist team, focused on helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for database migrations to Amazon Database Services.
· Help define the database migration market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
· Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
· Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
· Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Strong relational and non-relational database technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied database approaches (relational, non-relational, in-memory, etc…)
· 10+ years of experience with go to market strategy, business development, enterprise sales, or program / product management experience
· Knowledge of Commercial and Open Source Databases (SQL & NoSQL)
· Knowledge of AWS Database services (Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Database Migration Service, etc…)
· Technical and / or business degree required.
· Experience with relational, analytic, and noSQL databases.
· Experience with complex database migrations.
· MBA, Computer Science, and / or Engineering / Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.