Colt provides network, voice and data center services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Consultant- Project Management
To manage internal projects, with specific emphasis on future-proof design, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with right level of quality, using project management methodology and company standard processes.
You will be required to manage multiple complex projects or program, therefore a high degree of time management is needed
Key account abilities
- Accountable to executive sponsor / program director for schedule, budget, and quality of all programme elements
- Deliver projects for New product, new Technology introduction and transformation projects
- Leads programme and project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities ensuring that comprehensive programme, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained
- Ensures all key PM documentation is developed and maintained, including PID, Project Plan, Risk and Issues register, weekly reports, stakeholder reports, Lessons learned etc. The project managed could be part of a larger program managed by a senior project manager or a program manager and the documentation requirements would be customised as per the program requirements
- Reviews / offers associated project plans for conformance to programme strategy and programme plan
- Acts as the communications conduit to executive sponsors and programme steering committee and conducts periodic briefings / status updates
- Escalates decisions to executive sponsors / program director as necessary
- Delivers programme benefits aligned with Colt’s goals and objectives
- Ensures that cross-project work effort remains feasible from a business standpoint and realizes benefits
- Establishes and executes the governance framework for both the constituent projects and the programme itself
- Develops strong business relationships with the business divisions upper management levels; utilising the alliances to drive the program in line with the business divisions strategic vision
- Provides strategic input to the PMO to enable establishment and execution of project quality gates
Other accountabilities (optional)
- Establishing a single point of contact for the sponsor for the duration of the project and agreeing escalation paths for all stakeholders
- Managing all communication during the project life cycle ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the project.
- Managing internal and external suppliers to deliver the project on time and within cost tolerances.
Quality and Process
- Ensuring that all project documentation is maintained to a high standard and that all project deliverables meet the sponsor’s expectations of performance and quality.
- Ensuring that financial systems and project reporting tools are maintained to reflect the state of project progress.
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Program / Project executed as per baselined schedule, cost, scope
- Project is run within committed budget
- Project scope delivered as per sponsor requirement
- Project deliverables meet the quality and signoff requirements of sponsor and operational teams
- Excellent feedback from Sponsor and key stakeholders
Relationships and key contacts
- The project virtual team can span the entire organization – network architecture / engineering, internal development, product management, CCEO functional areas
- The project steering group will be sintered of senior stakeholders from the teams that are engaged on the project, typically senior managers, directors, VPs, EVPs
- The PMO team offers tools and reporting support to the PM team.
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a Program Manager and senior technical Project Manager managing multiple projects.
- Direct experience of working in a structured project environment.
- Previous working knowledge of internet and telecommunications networking technologies and related IT systems
- Proven experience as a Project Manager managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrable business and financial understanding. Must have a good understanding of their business, its customers and market drivers
- MSP, PRINCE2 and / or industry recognized program management qualification
- Excellent operational, program and presentation skills
- Very good communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent Inter-personnel skills
- Personal drive, highly self-motivated and self-organized
- Excellent Team Player and ability to work in an international team
- Flexibility and creativity
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) will be beneficial
- Be aware of colt information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies / industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate.
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat / mitigate the same as appropriate
Version / Data
Reason for change
V2 – 15th of Nov 2016
Security info added
V3-12th of March 2018
Change of Reviewer and Authoriser
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace