MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We’re a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you passionate about financial control as well as keen to be part of a dynamic and international team? We’re looking for a professional to join our Legal Entity Controllers Team in Tokyo which is responsible for the financial statements for the key legal entities based in Japan, including the regulated broker-dealer and asset management entities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Tokyo Corporate Accounting team is responsible for the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. The primary focus of Controllers Division is to ensure that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. The team prepares financial statements and business reports to be filed externally, as well as internal analysis packages for senior management. Operating in a global environment. , the team liaises closely with other regions, as part of Goldman Sachs’s overall global reporting function.
Key responsibilities of the Tokyo Corporate Accounting team:
- Preparation of financial statements and business reports for submission to external regulators under Japanese GAAP
- Preparation of consolidation packages for submission to NY Head Office under US GAAP and Federal Reserve reporting
- Development and application of appropriate methodologies for transfer pricing for the global business, in consultation with other regions and stakeholders
- Maintaining a broad understanding of the business and analyzing the business results, including via board reports and presentations to senior management
- Handling enquiries from regulators, inspectors and auditors
- Liaising with other departments and international offices to maintain appropriate control and accuracy
- Leading responses to Recovery & Resolution Planning for the GS Group related to Japan
- Calculation and management of the Regulatory Capital ratio for our regulated entities in Japan
- Participation in cross-divisional projects for new business initiatives / systems
- Accounting background, either via a university major which included accounting, a CPA qualification, experience of accounting at an audit firm or in industry
- Native Japanese
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Committed, self-motivated and pro-active team player, with the flexibility to keep up as the business and regulations change
- Good organizational skills, with an ability to handle competing deadlines
- Consistent strong performance in their current role or experience to date, with a desire to challenge and enhance existing processes
- Ability to think broadly and make connections between diverse issues
- Well-developed Excel skills
- Experience of the foreign bank branch in Japan
- Japan CPA qualification
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment / affirmative action employer Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity