Food & Beverages
Employment form: Full-time employee, full-time employee
Required skills: Japanese2, English2, Data Scientist
Annual salary: 10,000,000 ~ 12,000,000
Our mission is to bring happy moments to over 100 Million Japanese customers in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and 35 prefectures. Coca Cola Bottlers Japan Inc. is the country’s largest bottler and one of the largest in the World. We aim to create value from data, build new models of driving high growth in sustainable ways. We value learning, agility, and integrity, always aiming for results.
As Senior Data Scientist your role is to help us navigate toward this new World, your mission and success will be central to CCBJI growth strategies.
Within the Data & Digital team, you will come to build impactful technologies and drive our Omnichannel strategy to engage with customers and shape the future of the beverage industry. We are looking for outstanding, experienced technical talent to design and create the algorithms and models to fuel our efforts.
- Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.
Data Source Planning and Architecture
- Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements.
- Helps identify the most suitable source for data that is fit for purpose.
- Extracts data, structures it, and performs initial quality checks.
- Helps bringing it all together under a unified Data Warehouse.
Model Assessment & Validation
- Identifies the model evaluation metrics.
- Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning to assess accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness for multi-stage models and model ensemble.
Applied Business Acumen
- Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues.
- Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings.
- Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy.
- Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results.
- Recommends new processes and ways of working.
Data Visualization & Dashboarding
- Primarily using Tableau generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes.
- Understands all teams’ requirements to design appropriate data representation for multiple data sets.
- Works with User Experience designers and User Interface engineers as required to build front end and Back end applications.
- Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through business and stakeholder understanding.
- Customizes communication style based on stakeholder under guidance and leverages rational arguments.
- Guides and mentor junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
- Translates business problems within one’s discipline to data related or mathematical solutions. Identifies what methods (for example, analytics, big data analytics, automation) would provide a solution for the problem.
- Shares use cases and gives examples to demonstrate how the method would solve the business problem.
- Selects appropriate modeling techniques for complex problems with large scale, multiple structured and unstructured data sets.
- Selects and develops variables and features iteratively based on model responses in collaboration with the business.
- Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.
- Identifies dimensions and designs of experiments and creates test and learn frameworks.
- Interprets data to identify trends to go across future data sets. Creates continuous, online model learning along with iterative model enhancements.
- Develops newer techniques (for example, advanced machine learning algorithms, auto ML) by leveraging the latest trends in machine learning, artificial intelligence to train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
- Guides the team and outsourcing partners on feature engineering, experimentation, and advanced modeling techniques to be used for complex problems with unstructured and multiple data sets (for example, shelves pictures, streaming data, raw text data).
Model Deployment & Scaling
- Deploys models to production.
- Continuously logs and tracks model behavior once it is deployed against the defined metrics.
- Identifies model parameters which may need modifications depending on scale of deployment.
Code Development & Testing
- Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements.
- Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept.
- Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach.
- Deploys software to production servers.
- Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years’ experience in an analytics related field. Option
- Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 3 years’ experience in an analytics related field. Option
- 6 years’ experience in an analytics or related field Preferred Qualifications …
- Strong commercial background
- Strong experience developing strategic, complex Data Science models
- CPG, Retail experience is ideal, but open to other industries
- Master’s degree, PhD is a plus.
- Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of multiple assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks ( for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
- Strong communication skills in English and Japanese highly preferred
Holidays & Benefits
- Two days a week (Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays)
- Year-end and New Year holidays
- Annual paid leave
- Condolence / special vacation
- Summer special vacation 5 days
- Fully equipped with social insurance (employment / industrial accident / health / welfare pension)
- Property Accumulation Savings System
- Mutual Aid Association
- Company holding
- National recreational facilities and affiliated facilities
- Health support
- Congratulations / congratulations
The company currently has more than 400 SAP consultants working in Japan. They are well-informed in the various business areas SAP offers and are leading operational transformation on a global level.
The group has approximately 10,000 of his SAP consultants worldwide.
As the core of Japanese SAP solution companies, we will provide Japanese client companies with a globally seamless and fully optimized management platform in collaboration with our group in Japan and overseas.