UD Trucks Southern Africa has a one year internship opportunity in the following area: IT
This internship is for a Junior Support Technician / Office Administrator to be based at UD Trucks in Rosslyn
This person will ensure that IT support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner, either by completing requests themselves or raising them with our helpdesk where necessary.
The successful candidate will have exposure to the following areas within the IT Department:
- Monitor the internal ticketing systems.
- Escalate support requests to Senior Support Specialist when they cannot be completed them.
- Setup of new computers.
- Monitor responses to requests raised with Helpdesk, provide remote-support and respond to any queries in a timely manner.
- Ensure tickets are completed in accordance with the appropriate Service Level Agreement.
- Provide telephone and email support to customers.
- Support the in-house IT team with basic requests (ie. Changing printer toner, replacing cables, setting up projectors, moving computers etc.).
- Maintain our high standards particularly regarding customer communications and response times.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software packages, including Microsoft Windows platforms.
- Directs office activities and functions to maintain efficiency and compliance with company policies.
- Oversees telephone services, email correspondence, and mail distribution.
- Assists in purchase orders and invoicing
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to Work Without Supervision
- Strong Record Keeping Skills
- Team work
- IT Degree diploma or Equivalent
- MCSE, A +, N +; are preferred but not essential
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, including installation and configuration.
- Knowledge and understanding of standard office software packages
- Excellent written and oral communication.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands –Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
UD Trucks is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners. Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance.
Employment / Assignment Type
Internship / Trainee / Co-op
Last application date