Your Team responsibilities
We are looking for a highly skilled, motivated, and service-oriented individual to join our analytics sales team, focusing on institutional investor community in Japan.
This Sales Specialist role will be responsible for originating new business as well as maintaining existing client relationships for MSCI’s suite of Analytics products, comprising both the Barra and RiskMetrics brands, and including Performance Attribution solutions. The role entails positioning and closing sales of quantitative investment decision. Sales Specialists leverage their in-depth knowledge of the risk and investment management process to identify needs and opportunities, working with other departments such as Product Management, Research and Implementation Service to structure and propose enterprise solutions tailored to each client situation.
This role is highly visible, with involvement in all aspects of an account, including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, contract negotiation, sales closing, and ongoing relationship management. In this role, individuals will work very closely with Sales Management, Client Consultants , Product Management, Legal, and Sales Operations. Compensation and title will be commensurate with experience.
What we will offer you: Depending on your location of your role, you can expect …
- Competitive fixed and variable compensation, holiday / vacation allowance & retirement savings plans / pensions
- Employee Resource Groups to support you in and out of the office
- A wide range of benefits including –healthcare, dental plans, risk insurances and (location dependent) –cycletowork schemes, gym benefits, retail discounts,
- A purposeful approach to Wellbeing including training, support networks, membership to wellness platforms and vendors, and active local office communities
- A specific and deliberate planning to the physical offices in which we work, and support for everyone spending periods of time working remotely or at home. This approach mirrors our commitment to transparency and sustainability and puts the safety and wellness of our employees at the center of all we do. We aim to provide productive and sustainable work environments and technology that encourages collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Your key responsibilities
- Achieve targeted quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Develop strategic sales plan for allocated sales territory
- Lead client engagement, needs assessment, and solution pitches
- High-level contact with clients / prospects and other major industry participants
- Address client inquiries regarding products and solutions
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts
- Work seamlessly with other departments (Client service, Research, Product Management, Legal, Billing) to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Provide feedback from clients to Marketing, Sales, Research and Product Development groups
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Proven sales closing skills and demonstrable track record in business development
- Bachelor Degree in finance / economics / mathematics / computer science / statistics / engineering etc. is required. Master degree of these areas including MBA is preferred, and / or CFA / CMA charter holder.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Fluent in Japanese and English –superior written and verbal communication skills are vital for success in our global organization
Desired Experience AND Qualifications:
- Understanding of and in-depth experience dealing with major financial institutions, especially institutional investors in Japan
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience or frequent client-facing role and minimum of 7 years of experience in financial services
- Excellence in both individual achievement as well as teamwork with a diverse set of departments
How we’ll support you
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A performance and growth-oriented culture and values
- Opportunities for continuous learning to aid progression
- Goal based objectives and development plans
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee resource groups such as the Women’s Leadership Forum, MSCIPRIDE, Black Leadership Network and Eco-Groups.
About MSCI and our teams:
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochures)
We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
MSCI is committed to developing a culture and workforce that reflects the clients and communities in which we operate. Increasing our diversity expands our talent pool which helps to accelerate innovation in all we do. We especially encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including women , ethnic minorities and those in the LGBTQ community.
To all recruitment intervention: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs / Resumes. Please do not forward CVs / Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs / Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity , sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership / union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy / maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.