Job Title1: Assistant Manager – Customer Care Operations
Segment / Business Unit: Multisales (PN + MWC) Mars Japan
Function: SCM Customer Care Team
Job Level: T1
Location / Site: Japan / Tokyo
Line Manager: Customer Care Manager
Job Purpose / Overview
This position plays a critical role to serve our customers with strong collaboration with all parties involved while operating in the lean, efficient, and agile supply chain. This position manages day to day order taking process, logistics and import operations.
This position plans, co-ordinates, and manages activities including customer collaboration and DiB (cost saving) with focusing on enhancing relationship with SCM managers, sales operation team, and any other related parties.
This position also takes full responsibility to manage the team’s objectives / target through achieving service excellence in customer care operations. As a key member of the team, this role also supports the line manager and lead team engagement activities for the high performing collaboration team.
Support team engagement:
- Lead and Drive customer centricity with other team members, contribute team engagement activities / discussion.
- Lead x-functional customer collaboration projects.
Managing customer care operations
- Responsible for the customer service level (Target> 99.0%) to our customers by effective order taking process / Customer Logistics and enhancing effective communication with customers.
- Manage day-to-day logistics operations in Mars Japan’s entire logistics operation tasks in corporation with strategic logistics manager and supply planners.
- Manage day-to-day order taking operations and handles delivery incidents / complaints. When managing incidents / complaints minimize business impacts in collaboration with logistics companies and other functions.
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization of our end-to-end supply chain in our business process and operations.
- Manage import operation service with import coordination supplier.
Drive X-Functional collaboration
- Lead customer collaboration with SCM managers and sales operation team.
- Lead any continuous improvement projects and Digital transformation.
- Support logistics governance / quality leader in the area Quality in Distribution (ie pest control, logistics audit, and logistics quality) in collaboration with Q & FS team.
- Support supply customer care operations operation manager in setting department Vision / Mission, developing team strategy, and engaging operation team members.
- Identify and address training and coaching needs for team members.
- Drive functional collaborations at the working revel.
Context and Scope
Leading Customer care operations:
–Make operational decisions in customer care related daily operations.
–Lead operational improvements in customer care related process / operations to the manager.
–Input future operation risks to customer service team members and drive preventive actions.
–Manages day-to day operation independently with minimum supports from the manager.
Leading Logistics Projects
–Decade how to drive logistics and customer care process / operation improvements for projects agreed with customer care operations manager.
Supporting Team Engagement:
–Input to and agree with the Customer care manager for key team engagement activities within the team.
–Agree with the line manager on how to support a junior associate.
Drive X-Functional Collaborations:
–Input critical supply chain information to x-functional team to deliver projects successfully.
–Recommend necessary actions required for the x-functional projects in relates to customer care operations.
Job Specifications / Qualifications
1. Education & Professional Qualification: BA
2. Knowledge / Experience:
- Order-taking operations experience more than 3 years
- Sales and / or Supply chain operation experience
Level of role, Critical MLCs and Competencies
Level of Role: Individual Contributor
- Delivers Consistent Results
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
Key Supporting Competencies
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Peer Relationships
- Customer Focus
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Analytical Capability
- Business Process Application / SAP system experience
- English (TOEIC> 700-800)