Requisition ID: 280354
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0-10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Key Objective of the Demand Manager Role
The Demand Manager is responsible to ensure sufficient coverage and higher pipeline conversion through; * Programmatic, end to end approach, creating alignment between sales, marketing, and partners in all steps of demand discovery, planning and execution
- Data driven tools and methodologies to align GTM strategy with market potential, DG target setting, territory assignment and resource allocation
- Bottom up planning and execution in each territory linked to an overall demand plan
- Cadence and governance model to ensure execution and pipeline health
- Constant measurement of outcomes and feedback for improvement
- Build the Demand Engine for APJ’s Midmarket customer facing roles to achieve the best possible quality pipeline (volume & velocity).
- Coordinating DG efforts closely with Value Added Team (Industry, Pre-sales), Sales Operations, Marketing to analyze market opportunities and identify pipeline gaps.
- With that insight, closely align with Sales, Marketing and Partner management to build and drive demand generation plans to provide solid pipeline coverage and conversion in the Midmarket.
- Ensure continuity and governance in Demand Management Framework and follow up on the 4 phases; Discovery, Planning, Execution and Steering and their respective practices.
- Foster creative demand generation and pipeline management strategies leveraging all stakeholders. Share best practices and innovative practices.
- Provide visibility into ongoing and future DG and Pipe Management activities, share results with all stakeholders and generate insights to fully exploit market potential
Review Demand Management practices for continuous process improvement, drive simplification and provide feedback to regional / global stakeholders
- Business: COO, Sales Heads, LoB Heads, GB Head, CS Regional Leader, FSLM, SLSM, CSE, DDE, DDE Leader
- Marketing: Commercial Sales Marketing, GB Marketing, Field Marketing, Business Marketing Ops
- Channel: Channel Head, Partner Business Manager, Partner Service Delivery
- LOB: Solution center, Business Development CoE, Customer Engagement Executive, Pre-sales
- VAT: XME, CoE, Pre-sales
Sales Operations: MU Business Partner, Regional Process Owner, F4S
Competencies & Skills
- Business Acumen: needs to understand our prospects’desired’Business Outcomes’ and how we map this to the SAP product portfolio
- Analytical: deep insight into key metrics that drive Sales Pipeline and ability to translate this into Sales Programs
- Stakeholder Management: ability to build trusted relationships with and energize core stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Partners, Sales Ops)
- Executive Communication: Excellent communication, relationship building & presentation skills at all levels of the organization in an international, multi-cultural setting
- Sales Acumen: understands sales and territory planning, the sales process, customer lifecycle, buying signals, how to articulate and quantify a value proposition, how to qualify and progress opportunities to close
- Program and Change Maagement: superior organizational, business strategy planning and program / project management skill
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years professional business experience, preferred in enterprise software sales, marketing, sales enablement or analytics / operations.
- Experience in driving Sales Pipeline with experience in modern “data-driven” methods of demand generation (Digital Sales, Social Selling, Digital Marketing, Outbound Prospecting, Propensity Models)
- Experience in program planning and / or evaluating new business development opportunities in new or emerging markets.
- Experience in integrated campaign planning, demand generation, digital marketing and project management best practices.
- Proficient understanding of SAP, its products and solutions, partners, markets and competition.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- High impact personality, good networking skills
Fluency in English, any other language an asset. Fluency in the language of local markets desirable
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment –apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e- mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or, APJ :, EMEA :).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.