Employment form: Full-time employee, full-time employee
Required skills: Japanese1, English2, Sales, Marketing, business management skill, Marketing Strategy
Annual salary: 15,000,000 ~ 18,000,000
Development of Marketing Strategy for Company Japan together with local General Management, Company Region APAC and Company Group. Implementation and execution of the local marketing strategy in coordination with sales and operations counterparts, as part of the Japan Management Team.
- Responsible together with Company Japan Management team for achieving company financial growth and profitability goals.
- Custodian of the Company brand, strengthening the brand while ensuring activation in line with global vision and strategy.
- Strategic advisor providing clear and useful financial and market analytics that offer insight and decision support to the management team.
- Local implementation of group-wide marketing initiatives in the area of Product, Brand, Digital, Trade Marketing and Market Research.
- Active contribution to inspire Regional and Global Marketing through discussions, meetings and specific projects.
- Maintenance and development of state-of-the-art agency collaboration.
- Support to the local sales function in implementation of marketing strategy.
Leadership and development of a motivated and engaged Marketing Team toward marketing excellence and the achievement of commercial results.
- Develop effective marketing strategy for Company Japan in alignment with APAC Regional Marketing and local General Management: Target market definition, products, channels, pricing, communication, promotion.
- Support local sales function in implementation of distribution and pricing strategy.
- Ensure efficient and effective implementation of the elements of the marketing mix. Define, track and report agreed KPI’s. Ensure post evaluation reviews are conducted across major activities.
- Ensure transparency of strategic and operative aspects to local sales and support functions as well as with APAC and HQ.
- Manage core product portfolio, in alignment with Group recommendations and guidelines.
- Develop and implement tailor-made promotional offerings optimized for local market
- Lead product launch projects including cross functional team.
Brand Marketing / Communication incl. PR
- Plan and implement local “above the line” communication in line with global brand guidelines, with the objective of growing household penetration, brand awareness and consumer lifetime value.
- Ensure communication plans and media management reflect consumer understanding and are refined based on constant learning.
- Define and track KPIs including ROMI for major campaigns.
- Recommend and develop BTL communication tools: PR, POS materials, catalogs, leaflets, displays etc., in coordination with sales function and with a high degree of customer orientation and speed to market implementation.
- Ensure adherence to Group corporate design guidelines.
- In close cooperation with Group Corporate Communications (GCC): implement local corporate communications strategy
Trade Marketing / Shopper Marketing
- Ensure strong brand visibility and persuasive benefit communication at POS. Create buying opportunities through sales and channel activities.
- Generate and apply shopper insights in order to optimize trade execution.
- Align POS material etc. with Group corporate identity.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient promotional activities in coordination with Sales team to maximize retail sales.
- Marketing Controlling and Reporting
- Manage marketing spend budget to achieve productive spending within budgeted amounts.
- Ensure transparent reporting with deep insights, regular discussions, and application of learnings.
- Ensure continuous improvement of marketing spend allocation based on strategic objectives and Marketing metrics, eg ROI.
Market Research / Consumer Insights
- Promote understanding of local consumer needs in collaboration with Group Market Insights team.
- Develop action plans based on market research and consumer insights.
- Collaborate with local Sales Team for market intelligence including competitor analysis.
- Lead and develop a motivated and engaged Marketing Team toward marketing excellence and the achievement of commercial results.
- Continuously optimize existing marketing team structure in alignment with international stakeholders.
- Show empathy and lead by example.
- Ensure efficient working procedures both within own department and in interfaces with other departments and Company Group.
- Implement local PA strategy and global PA initiatives with agency support (eg critical consumer issues, stakeholder relations, crisis communication and management) in close cooperation with Company Group Corporate Communications.
- Manage cooperation with existing / potential other cartridge carriers together with Group Alliance Marketing (coffee machines, water kettles, etc…) on as-needed basis.
- Own relationships with partnering organizations (eg WWF, Kameoka city, Mymizu.com)
Consumer Service responsibility / CRM
- Lead and motivated Consumer Service staff (outsourced) to address consumer questions and issues.
- Ensure consistent database and reporting of consumer interactions in the Customer Service Center.
- Manage and utilize database of Company Club members to enhance Brand experience and consumer lifetime value
- Minimum 10 years marketing experience in Consumer Goods preferably with at least 2 years of experience of successfully leading a team with commercial mindset.
- Successful track record building brands and delivering commercial results.
- Experience working in an international matrix environment closely collaborating with senior stakeholders.
- Strong digital marketing experience. ATL / BTL communication including media as well as PR and Public Affairs. Proven successful campaign development and execution across brands.
- Sales experience valued.
- Excellent English skills in writing as well as verbally (including presentations).
- Relevant University or Business School qualification preferably with major in marketing. MBA is a plus
Description of Personality:
- Strategic thinker: loves to bring strategies to life
- Strong leader: proven ability to motivate, coach and develop teams
- Analytical and structured: strong analytical and technical marketing skills
- “Can-do” attitude: thinking in solutions
- Creative: able to think out of the box and inspire others
- “Challenger”: challenging the status quo, setting new paths as one team
- Persuasive & convincing: excellent communication abilities across various stakeholders groups
- Organized: project management skills
The Company With total sales of 548 million euros in business year 2019 and 1,953 employees worldwide (of which 973 are in Germany) the Company Group is one of the leading companies in drinking water optimisation and individualisation. Its long-established brand Company has a leading The family-owned company based in Taunusstein near Wiesbaden is represented by 29 national and international distributors and branches as well as shareholdings, distribution and industrial partners in 69 countries on all five continents. It has production sites in Germany, the UK, Italy and China. Founded in 1966, today the inventor of the household water filter jug develops, produces and distributes a wide range of innovative drinking water optimisation solutions for private (water filter jugs, on-tap systems and Company Integrated) Solutions for small and large electric appliances by renowned manufacturers) and commercial use (hotel sector, restaurants, catering) and vending) plus mains-fed water dispensers for offices, schools, restaurants and the hygiene-sensitive care sector (hospitals, care homes). Since 2016 Company has been working with Whale and Dolphin Conservation (WDC) to protect the world’s oceans from plastic waste, and as such to protect whales and dolphins