- Develop and optimize processes for both geo expansions and city growth. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Market management for cities: You have an eye for the macro view of our market –ie you know how far it’s profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, what parts of town are missing access to good Italian food, the next part of the city we should be expanding into (and how many restaurants we’ll need to have coverage there).
- Strategize and prioritize which projects the team should prioritize, and set a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Drive analysis of important strategic decisions in order to optimize our regional business at geo level
- Working closely with other members of the Uber team, measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes
- Lead the team to meet the city growth target and defense against competitors
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 8+ years of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Exceptional skill of driving insights from data to form strategy decision
- Clear communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate actionable insights
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with managing team
- SQL Proficiency preferred
- Native-level Japanese and English-fluency is preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.