Responsible for leading the client support team that provides client services to Japanese DataGX clients. Within the client service team, manage and lead team members, manage client queries and change requests, and enable client support to work closely with your local operations team to provide services . You also work closely with the relationship management team to maintain the overall relationship between State Street and its clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Japan Client Support Lead will
- Manage and lead our client support team in Tokyo office.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to drive and influence discussions with clients and external parties.
- Single point of contact for all testing & validation activities for Client, Business Analyst Group, Operational readiness, Business Operations, IT & Configuration teams.
- Must have IT background in software development, technical & functional analysis, testing practices, business solutioning, middle and back office service industry experience
- Project Management –Manage the project team activities, facilitating communication upward to the management team level and across all development units (eg business analysis, development, quality assurance) to manage risk and communicate issues
- Provide on going test execution summary status & Metrics to executive management and other stakeholders.
- Lead joint Triage Process during client Test execution Triage Investigation Requests, issue / defect assignments, tracking & follow-ups, provide status reports on various test issues / defects
- Ability to track readiness for test execution, assess issues and escalate risks at the right time to stakeholders and senior management involved.
- Collaborate with business leads and IT leads to define architectural requirements in order to finalize client test platform requirements.
- Resource Planning-Internal & external which impacts across the program, Business, Operation, Business Analysts, Program Managers, Test (internal & external)
- Excellent business understanding of Process and data in Transaction Management, Recording Keeping, Corporate Actions, OTC derivatives, Performance & analytics, Reconciliation, Reporting, Cash Management, etc.
- Balance of Technical / Business & Quality Assurance, excellent presentation skills.
- Must have strong SQL knowledge, hands-on experience with database / data warehouse skills
- Design & Architect conversion simulation, Test parallel & Production parallel tests.
- Analyze portfolio data requirements for end to end test validations, creating test data strategy for end client reporting
- Analyze and document the business specifications for technical and functional changes, defining the required test approach for business specification documents.
- Define and document current and future state models, workarounds, known differences as required
- Provide periodic and ad hoc status reporting to senior management and relevant PMOs
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience in the financial services industry or global consulting firm: preferably Middle Office / Back office business processing
- Domain knowledge and be able to understand the various listed instrument types like Equities, Bonds, Futures, Options, etc.
- Ability to work on large projects and prioritize work accordingly
- Strong user of the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Microsoft Project
- Effective organizational, decision making, and communication skills
- Software development life cycle experience is a must
- Business level Japanese language skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly Welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers