We are looking to bring into our fold an incredible teacher / facilitator to conduct online classes for children of ages 4-10. We are looking for individuals who are proactive, keen to learn new things and constantly strive to do better. Will be on topics related to phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, conversational English, storytelling and writing. They will be conducted via a video calling technology interface. Each class will be 45-60 minutes long. All the material you need to conduct the class will be provided.
This is a retainership role. It will be an hourly or monthly engagement.
● Conducting excellent and engaging live classes for children:
Conducting a minimum of 48 classes a month and a maximum of 72 classes in a month in a way that children are able to meet their learning outcomes. (The number of classes that you will be required to teach will vary depending on the format of the classes)
● Improving constantly:
Working relentlessly to improve the children’s class experience and own knowledge of facilitation, pedagogy and technology. Accept feedback and give the Stones2Milestones team constructive feedback on the classes, topic flow and resources as well. * Adhering to administrative needs for all classes.
- Ensuring marking of attendance, correction of children’s homework, academic consultation calls with parents, keeping all documentation up to date and attending all mandatory training calls.
Necessary prerequisites –skills and attitude
● Excellent communicative and written English
● International English degree preferred
● A minimum of 1 year’s teaching experience (online or in a classroom)
● Ease of using or ability to learn and grasp technology like email, Google Slides, Google Sheets and zoom
● Confident, energetic and lively
● Quick thinking to be able to answer parents queries
Necessary prerequisites –technology
● Strong, fully functioning and hi-speed Internet connection with a minimum download speed of at least 15 mbps.
● A good laptop with a functioning webcam, good speaker
● A good smartphone
(a) Skills, abilities and attitudes:
● Support of a great network of facilitators
● Opportunities for pedagogical development
● Ability to spend time with children who love and adore you, look forward to pleasing you.
● Opportunities to engage with and teach a diverse group of children
● A chance to work with a supporting and empathetic team that is geared toward empowering you in your role