To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work / life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
We are looking for a passionate people leader with exceptional expertise in building, growing and coaching high performance solution engineering teams for Analytics.
As a key member of the leadership team, you will work closely with the sales leadership and their sales teams in Tableau and Salesforce to ensure the Solution Engineering teams are optimised to drive our strategies and growth plans in the region. You will guide, advise, and support your team of Solution Engineers in strategic deals, sales partnering as well as manage team resourcing, coaching and career planning. You are instrumental in leading the team through change, scaling, and bringing together the various SEs to work as one team.
You are a Forward Thinker with a passion for Analytics and the values it brings. You are able to demonstrate your understanding of industry trends and market opportunities to engage with, and deliver thought leadership to CXOs and executives on their data transformation and data culture initiatives. You have numerous examples of bringing new thinking to customers, your team and your current company.
Who you are:
- Experienced Leader. An experienced leader who has developed and led individual contributors in the software industry, preferably from a pre-sales / solution engineering perspective or relatable customer facing functions. Demonstrated success in mentoring and inspiring a Solution Engineering team to focus on innovation, employee & customer success to drive growth.
- Domain. Strong and broad background in the enterprise software industry, preferably in Analytics, Transformation or Data related field.
- Data Driven. A highly passionate data advocate with tons of experience in using data to measure and drive effectiveness and performance.
- Sales Acumen. An inspiring, innovative leader with the ability to deal with high volume transactional business and enterprise sales models.
- Solution Seller. A passion for technology and translating that passion into business impact for customers.
- People. Proven collaborator and relationship builder up to exec level across multi-departments. A consistent track record of building relationships at C-level.
- Technically Astute. Background in solution engineering, with a passion for technology, and ideally knowledge in Business Intelligence, ETL, Analytics, AI, CRM, Big Data, Data Science, Databases, Data Warehousing and / or Software Architecture.
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business audiences. Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business audiences.
- Adaptable. Used to working in high growth, matrix organization where you’ve influenced, led and driven change.
- Hire, Develop, Retain. Lead and grow the Solution Engineering team ensuring we continue to hire and retain top talent in the market, providing career growth opportunities and effective succession planning.
- Leadership. Partner with sales leadership to provide strategy and support accounts development, pipeline generation and deal management. Ensure each SE is enabled, empowered and accountable to deliver high quality work and excellent customer experience.
- Focus on Innovation. Ensure the team is constantly improving their approach to solution an value-based selling. Drive strategic initiatives and programs as needed to actively drive growth and support the teams career development and advancement.
- Executive Engagement. Develop and deliver outstanding Analytics Vision, Point of View and Value Proposition to all levels of an organizationisation including CXOs and executive management.
- Core Values. Embody Salesforce values and provide sequencing leadership
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
Accommodations –If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits. Equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.