An exciting opportunity to join the Global Corporate Bank (GCB) Japan team covering Financial Institution (FI) clients located in Japan. GCB manages JP Morgan’s overall relationships with major financial institutions, large corporations, and public sector organizations globally to solve problems for clients and We help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, cash management, investments and working capital.
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join the GCB Japan team as a junior banker, supporting the firm’s most important FI clients, inclusive banks, broker-dealers and non-bank entities. We are looking for an exceptional individual with the ability to grow our footprint and ensure we continue to deliver a best in class service on behalf of our clients.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
- Working with Senior Bankers to build and develop firm’s relationship with selected FI clients located in Japan
- Development of forward looking new business plans for clients and the maintenance of existing business relationships
- Working intimately with both domestic and overseas product partners to identify opportunities to provide sophisticated banking / treatury solutions to clients Assist with marketing in-scope Banking products (including: traditional credit product, private placements, ABS / Conduit FX, Flow derivatives, Commodities, Sales) and Trading,) and all non-IB products (including: Treasury Services, Securities Services, and Asset Management), through integrated Treasurer level coverage
- In partnership with the IB Client Executive, you will be expected to drive account planning processes for Corporate Bank selected clients.
- Conduct comprehensive client analysis to identify business needs that can be met with JP Morgan’s broad array of corporate banking products and to help convert client analysis into concrete financial solutions
- Co-ordinate client Know Your Client (KYC) standards for both renewals and onboarding of new clients
- Detailed client screening and associated disposition processes (Global Financial Crime Compliance, sanctions, AML, anti-corruption, PEP, negative news, etc.)
- Responsible for client engagement and new transaction processes
- Comprehensive balance sheet monitoring, including portfolio reviews and Balance Sheet Committee (BSC) / Loan Return Calculator (LRC) submissions
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Ability to read and speak Japanese
- Must be able to demonstrate credit knowledge
- Knowledge of corporate banking products
- Strong commercial judgment
- Understanding of flow derivatives, transaction banking and securities processing would be very helpful
- Strong partnership skills
- Engage others in active dialogue
- Build trust of clients and internal constituencies
About Us: JP Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team: The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
JP Morgan Chase