Additional Work Location (s):
This position is within HARMAN’s Automotive Engineering department, The primary responsibility is to provide hardware and software applications support of audio systems and drive solutions for improving vehicle system-level interactions. Also the position will be the bridge between the customer and internal engineering teams. Engineering team is looking for the ultimate team player that thinks positive, loves customers, and can manage projects independently. The successful candidate will be highly flexible in finding solutions for our customer’s needs and will have a demonstrated track record of success with audio systems engineering and customer facing interaction
This position may have supervisory responsibilities, no reports for the moment.
- Responsible for supporting customer programs on all audio hardware and software technical and application topics and issues.
- Will support program management and coordination as needed to support customer.
- This position is the primary technical face of Harman for audio pre-development products to OEM (T).
- Work closely with other team members, includes PM, hardware engineers, software engineers, manufacturing, suppliers, and quality assurance departments to drive successful project award / delivery to meet timing, cost and quality.
- Work closely with customer and provide technical support in a timely manner.
- Build relationship with customer and plan next generation multimedia system together.
- Prepare technical reports and presentation
- Customer issue support and resolution
- Participate in infotainment / audio system bench testing at customer’s site or other third party system component supplier, representing the audio pre-development products from a hardware / software / system perspective
- Coordination of multiple Harman departments in assembling and gaining buy-in for responses to customer questions
- Understand customer and internal requirements and specifications for audio projects
- Chair and / or attend customer meetings as HARMAN’s engineering representative. Provide immediate feedback to the appropriate personnel.
Examples of meetings include: * Early system proposal meetings
- Systems requirement working group activities at customer location
- Audio system open issue meetings
- Component packaging reviews
- Design reviews at the concept, prototype, and production stages of development
- Issue-resolution reviews following customer builds at the concept, prototype, and production stages of development
- Pilot reviews and launch-readiness meeting
- Assess the customer’s mindset. Report substantial changes in the customer’s (engineering, purchasing, quality, manufacturing, etc.) perceptions of Harman’s performance to internal engineering and sales management.
- Assist CBU (Customer Business Unit) team in supporting the customer meeting for technical presentations and helping acquire new business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and 2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated involvement in research, technology development, and cutting edge innovation all throughout the academic curriculum via TAs, RAs, and internships
- Exceptional reputation as an innovator based on having created forward looking research, projects, and award winning publications
- Experience working in the technology industry or automotive industry
- Experience with non-traditional input and output technologies, such as speech, gesture, touch, haptics, etc.
- Experience in design for mobile communication and mobile computing, ubiquitous computing, physical computing, artificial intelligence, robotics, and augmented reality
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
- Ability to manage technical projects and cross-functional teams in support of customer’s needs
Preferred Qualifications and desired competencies:
- Ideal candidate has experience working as an audio, infotainment, or other automotive module engineer with OEM (T) or other Japanese automotive OEM customers
- Hands-on electronics system debug experience required
- Automotive CAN experience preferred
- Automotive EAVB experience preferred
- Automotive A2B experience preferred
- Automotive systems experience preferred
- AUTOSAR experience preferred
- Ability to use common electronic trouble-shooting tools such as oscilloscopes, CAN log trace tools, DMMs, current clamps, spectrum analyzers, soldering iron, etc preferred
- Embedded system design experience or familiarity preferred
- Embedded system software development in C / C ++ and model-based familiarity desired
- Experience working at or with OEM (T) or other Japanese automotive OEM customers in a embedded system development desired
- Schematic Capture and PCB layout CAD familiarity desired
- TS16949 and other quality tools (PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, DFMEA) familiarity desired
- Creation of issue countermeasure quality document desire
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an customer office in T-City and other relative customer sites locates in Japan, and local Harman office in Nagoya / Akihabara / Ohta.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment. , challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. ()