The Head of of Long-tail Cities is ultimately responsible for the operations of our Eats business in the respective territory.
This is a role for an ambitious, analytical operator, who will own the overall cross-functional strategy for Uber Eats across the territory and hold ultimate P & L accountability. You’ll be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining and continuously improving Uber quality throughout the Eater , Restaurant, and Delivery Partner experience, and nurturing the needs of your market.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialized teams and will be a key part of the Japan Eats CityOps leadership team. We are looking for leaders that are visionaries and can build, mentor, and inspire high-performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in building globally and living locally –so understanding your market and championing their needs is key.
What You Will Do
- Manage our business in the territory, leading the overall strategy and P & L for the Eats business.
- Own the account management strategy and build the best merchant network in your region.
- Develop and optimize processes for both geo expansions and city growth. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Market management for cities: You have an eye for the macro view of our market –ie you know how far it’s profitable to drive a meal from any given restaurant, what parts of town are missing access to good Italian food, the next part of the city we should be expanding into (and how many restaurants we’ll need to have coverage there).
- Strategize and prioritize projects for the team, to help the team reach goals
- Lead a team of passionate and diverse people –championing a culture of inclusiveness and innovation
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 9+ years of investment banking / consulting / business development / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Exceptional skill of driving insights from data to form strategy decision
- Strong communicator. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate meaningful insights
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with managing team
- English-fluency required
- Native-level Japanese preferred
- Sales / BD experience is a plus
- SQL Proficiency would be a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together !!