Micron’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team focused on one thing: using our expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we create help make everything from virtual reality We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can spark the very innovation we are pursuing.
Req. ID: 282164
As a Global Quality (GQ) Customer Mapped Quality Experience (CMQE) Sr Manager at Micron Technology Japan, you will be the key customer-facing function, taking your customers’ Quality requirements and needs so that Micron is able to deliver world class Customer Quality Experience (CQE). You will reach out to customers proactively to assess their needs and to follow up with your internal quality or other Value chain contacts. You will be responsible for the automotive team in Japan focusing on Japanese automotive requirements and satisfaction, making sure they are comprehensively available and understood by internal merchants
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Manage an experienced team for supporting Automotive Japanese Customers
- Drive quality-related proactive and reactive communication
- Acknowledge and drive problem solving, quality-related issues and customer requests, working closely with Internal functions to ensure meeting Japanese automotive customers expectations
- Work closely with customer to determine their key requirements and concerns
- Proactively measure customers satisfaction index to Micron’s Quality and project expected QBR scores and drive IPP Goal of # 1 or # 2 in Customer Quality Ranking
- Champion “voice of Japanese automotive customers” on quality within Micron
- Drive injection of the expected Japanese automotive mindset into Micron’s automotive programs
- Plan for team professional growth and skills development
Required Education & Experience
Master Degree –Engineering – Electrical, Electronics or Physics Engineering or related field of study (Physics, Material Science,…)
10 years’ experience in Semiconductor
At least 5 years’ experience in Quality and / or Customer Applications / Systems
Proven experience in managing Japanese automotive quality requirements in international environment
Fluent Japanese & English (speaking, reading and writing) and availability to frequent travel
Candidate’s skills, competencies, attitudes:
- Outstanding verbal, written communication and presentation skills on both Japanese and English
- The proven ability to collaborate with international cross-functional teams to understand needs and translate them into actionable plans, deliverables, and resource requirements
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- The ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and cultures as well as with executive management.
- Experience in quality methodologies and activity
- Understand how to handle conflict management
- Able to develop customer trust and confidence
- High degree of self-initiative and ability to think and act independently
- Good multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work under tight timeframes and prioritize competing activities
- The ability to drive for results
- The ideal candidate is highly customer oriented, is able to negotiate and to represent Micron in front of customers. Therefore, proven ability in Japanese automotive customers management is considered a required value.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions. Through our global brands – Micron® and Crucial® – our broad portfolio of high-performance memory and storage technologies, including DRAM, NAND, 3D XPoint ™ memory and NOR, is transforming how Backed by more than 40 years of technology leadership, our memory and storage solutions enable disruptive trends, including artificial intelligence, 5G, machine learning and autonomous vehicles, in key market segments like mobile, data center, client , consumer, industrial, graphics, automotive, and networking. Our common stock is traded on the Nasdaq under the MU symbol. To learn more visit
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Micron prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and / or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and / or by completing our
Keywords: Tokyo || Tokyo (JP-13) || Japan (JP) || Quality || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || # LI-TY1 || Tier 5 ||