At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a skilled Editor with a passion for Trading Card Games? Do you love summoning gigantic creatures and casting dramatic spells?
We are seeking an experienced Duel Masters Japanese TCG Editor to defend card sets and other collateral assets from the forces of bad grammar, graphical error, substandard card templating, and information in accuracy.
What you’ll do
- Lead technical editing for new Duel Masters card sets, and review and approve proofs for print.
- Ensure that all text elements of projects meet Duel Masters’s quality standards for templating, grammar, punctuation, factual accuracy, clarity, audience, tone, art / text consistency, and layout.
- Facilitate communication between writers and other team members to define project goals and content. Perform developmental editing.
- Coordinate with the Lead Editor and with the production team to ensure that product specifications are accurately represented in external- and internal-facing documents.
- Handle multiple project timelines simultaneously in a timely manner.
What you’ll bring
- Experience Copy Editing or Technical Writing with Japanese text.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in English.
- 1 + years of experience playing a Trading Card Game required, knowledge of Duel Masters a bonus.
- Solid understanding of TCG rules systems and card ability templating; with Duel Masters rules knowledge a bonus.
- Ability to convey sophisticated subject matter clearly and accurately.
- Strong proofreading, attention to detail, flexibility, and multitasking skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel), Adobe Acrobat and FileMaker Pro
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Our interviews will focus on aptitude and ability to learn on the job.
- Degree in Publishing, Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, Translation, or equivalent. Engineering or the sciences are also desirable if taken in conjunction with writing-intensive coursework.
- Familiarity with tournament-level TCG play and / or judging.
- Familiarity with proofreading product packaging.
- Familiarity with localization issues.
We are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.