Edgewell is a global team of over 6,000 visionaries, doers and makers. Our secret is people, and we have an inspiring and collaborative global force of them. Our portfolio of over 25 brands touches lives in more than 50 countries by making useful things joyful. Together, we reimagine good mornings and endless summers, strive for more sustainable ways to beautify and bond, and do it all with not only confidence but determination.
Assistant Manager, HR
Competitive salary & benefits
Let’s Talk About You
You’re ambitious, but you want a career with purpose—we love that. You’re up for a challenge and ready to write the next chapter of your career story with a great group of encouraging colleagues. You want to make your mark and Let your personality shine. Well, if you’re interested in our HR Assistant Manager role, this might be your next step! You’re looking for the chance to develop your career in a growing market within consumer goods, and you want to make an impact with a global consumer goods business with a portfolio of over 25 brands (Schick, Hawaiian Tropic, Banana Boat, Bulldog Skincare… just to name a few!).
Now, Let’s Get Down to Business
You will be an effective HR Business Partner to colleagues within Japan hub. The role entails full range of generalist support and activities including, but not limited to, change management, rewards and recognition, performance management, training and development, recruitment and selection, employee relations, communications, and policies.
Here’s a list of areas that you will be responsible for:
- Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition
- Leadership & Culture
- Employee relations / communications
- HR operational effectiveness
- HR policy
If there’s one thing you’ll get here at Edgewell, it’s a collaborative group full of likable, diverse and nurturing colleagues. They’re an inspiring bunch. While your experience is of course important, we’re all about making useful things joyful, so we love when our prospective candidates are passionate about this too.
Are You Ready to Show Us What You’ve Got?
We’ll need you to be comfortable taking the reins and guiding your colleagues along the way. We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- More than 5 years’ experience in HR field
- Knowledge of all aspects HR responsibility, communication, labor relation, talent management, and training & development to maximize team members’ performance
- Worked closely with people managers to provide appropriate human resources in a timely manner
- Conducted effective interview with good interview technique
- Exposure to HR Information System – maintaining, uploading, data accuracy
- HR operation experience (payroll, social insurance, tax etc.)
- Good communicator –working comfortably across all levels and functions of an organization locally and regionally
- Good command of English (speaking and writing), and native Japanese
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills (proficiency in all MS office application)
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer. We do all we can to create a collaborative and diverse global team, where good ideas can thrive, and our colleagues can learn and lead. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status We listen deeply and speak directly to create an environment that’s open to difference. We listen deeply and speak directly to create an environment that’s open to difference. aim to bring joy to not only the products we create and the people we serve, but our colleagues across the globe too.