At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
The Project Manager, APAC based in Japan will lead prioritized functional delivery optimization and improvement projects across the APAC region to achieve annual operating and strategic growth goals. In this role, you will be collaborating and partnering closely with global and APAC operators to facilitate strategic alignment. and make key decisions to achieve milestones and program goals and success.
This will see you being the change agent for enhancing innovative and productive culture over sustained periods of time.
- Responsible for Value Improvement Program. Coordinate and oversee cross-functional projects for achieving operation goals.
- Define and implement long term productivity roadmap through innovation and process simplification.
- Manage projects related to demand planning, distribution and customer service. Drive productivity and create impact at global level.
- Manage KPI review with site leadership. Identify challenges, opportunities, risks, and drive solutions accordingly.
- Educate, train, mentor and coach team members on value improvement execution, project management, technical learnings, and best practice.
- Build strategic relationship with internal and external stakeholders. Leverage this partnership to optimize business performance.
- Collaborate with APAC country and functional leaders, including Global Supply Chain, Global Information Technology, Global Customer Service, Global Business Services to drive program success
- Develop and drive effective change management plans to socialize the improvement and achieve desired outcomes
- Facilitate regional workshops to accelerate program deliverables and results
- Establish and manage regional governance structure to ensure country and functional leadership alignment
- Manage daily program deliverables, milestones and budgets. Responsible for cross-functional communications, leads programs reviews, meeting minutes, and resolves issues.
- Typical functional partners: Finance, Human Resources, Distribution, Customer Service, Capital Equipment, Supply Chain, Facilities, Regulatory, Med Affairs, Marketing, Global Business Services, Global Enterprise Excellence, IT, and other functions to enable growth and Value Improvement
What we’re looking for in you:
Key Skills & Experiences:
To be successful, you should be an experienced project manager with the following skills:
- Strong communication skills at global level. Fluent in both English (facilitate discussion in English) and Japanese (Fluent level).
- Demonstrated ability in supply chain management and project management.
- Lean Six Sigma certified (or experienced)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dynamic leader and strong team player
- Self-starter, able to proactively influence surroundings for creating more opportunities
- Experience in working with highly distributed teams across multiple functions.
- At least 3 years of project-lead experience with various stakeholders management in a foreign manufacturer
- Applied structured approach (Lean / Six Sigma etc.) to real projects — * not necessarily for supply chain projects
- Demonstrated experience from business VIP opportunities to creating and presenting on the proposal to execution and implementation.
- Demonstrated project management experience leading cross-functional teams across the enterprise or region
- Experience leading business transformation, operational excellence, process improvement, Lean, Six Sigma programs
The position is on local employment contract ONLY
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Boston Scientific is proud to be recognized for our innovations that impact patients’ lives, our performance as a company, our workplace culture and our contributions to communities around the world. Some of our recent accolades include:
- Forbes Most Innovative Companies (2018)
- Forbes list of World’s Best Employers (2018)
- FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies (2018, 2017, 2016)
- Glassdoor’s Highest Rated CEOs (2018, 2017)
For more information, please visit us at
Visit www.bostonscientific.com to learn more and apply