We assert that economic freedom is a fundamental human right and a vital component of human dignity, and we believe that it is foundational for peaceful and prosperous societies.
Our vision is to provide the next billion people with access to products that exemplify the ideals of Bitcoin. These ideals –which include peer-to-peer transactions, decentralization, censorship resistance, and permissionless-ness –support economic freedom.
For example, our digital wallet –which has 16 million downloads –provides people with an easy-to-use, non-custodial method for buying, selling, storing, sending , receiving, and trading cryptocurrencies.
We are seeking a talented Mobile DevOps and Automation Engineer who shares our vision.
You will be responsible for leading the Mobile DevOps process alongside the engineers building and maintaining the Wallet (native iOS and Android) which are used by millions of people around the globe. The mobile team needs your help to extend our CI. We have a system running today, but need to take it to the next level of scale, flexibility and availability. You will have a direct impact in shaping that future. Our team’s goal is to build the best Bitcoin wallet on the market, providing ease of use for anyone We focus on a lot of energy and resources into Growth, Stability, and Revenue, and as Mobile Devops we see this position contributing to all three.
You will be working with an outstanding team of engineers, designers and product managers to bring this product to a next level. We are looking for a good team player, seasoned Mobile DevOps Engineer to join our small team in the Tokyo office, who’s able to enhance our CI process, and help us reach our goals.
- Develop and automate deployment pipelines across various release stages like beta, staging, and production
- Optimize our existing cloud based mobile devops
- Create and execute on a plan to bring our deployments to in house hardware or our own virtual machines
- Work closely between or QA team and developer team in order to have a seamless Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- Maintain uptime of all deployment pipelines and ensure no downtime
- Collaborate with engineers to identify new ways to improve the developer and release experience
Requirements * Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent understanding of mobile ecosystems / mobile developer platforms
- Proficiency with all or some of the following languages: Java, Swift, Ruby, Python
- 3+ years of experience in Release engineering / DevOps –CI / CD
- Experience with tools like Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, XCode, Android Studio, TestFlight, Google Play Console, git etc
- Experience managing complex dependencies with build tools such as Maven, Ivy, or Gradle
- Experience with code signing mobile applications for iOS, including code signing identities and provisioning profiles
- Experience with macOS or Linux environment
- Experience orchestrating macOS environments
- You think carefully about our developers and their problems, plan how to solve them and then make it happen
- Good communication skills with engineers, quality assurance, and managers, both in person and across productivity tools such as Slack, Github Issues, etc.
- Self-starter and ability to think outside the box, learn new tools and adapt to rapid changing environment
We are serious about what we do, but more importantly, we have a lot of fun doing it. Our work culture is modern, meaning we strive for work experiences based on transparency, productivity, trust, and passion. For all employees, benefits include ::
- Flexible work hours
- Remote work
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Wellness program (gym, etc.)
- Yoga classes
- Japanese classes
For employees residing in Japan, we offer “permanent employment” status (regular employees) and the option to be paid in yen.
Employees residing outside of Japan are classified as Independent Contractors and are paid in the cryptocurrency of their choice.