N / A
Senior Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
DCS Lifecycle Design
Global Head of Support Engineering, DCS Operations
About Colt Data Center Services
In today’s world, great businesses must be secure, resilient, scalable and above all –connected.
At Colt Data Center Services this is our business. Colt Data Center Services offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data center strategy is future-proof. We operate 26 state-of-the-art data centers across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centers across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Colt Data Center Services has over 20 years’ experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centers –hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We are at a critical turning point as we become an independently focused business and at the same time, supported with the strong backing and investment of Fidelity. We expand our footprint in Asia and Europe which enables us to invest and leverage our real estate and infrastructure. to expand and maintain our current sites as well as open up new ones.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, agile, forward thinking team of individuals that are to looking provide an amazing level of support for the COLT DCS Operations area of the business.
This is an exciting time and a new beginning for Colt DCS.
Our vision: to be the most customer centric data center provider
DCS Lifecycle Design are looking for a Specialist Mechanical and Electrical Engineer reporting into the Global Head of Support Engineering. The successful candidate would provide Mechanical and Electrical engineering design support for ongoing Lifecycle Design projects with technical approval for data center infrastructure in Japan and Asia.
The right candidate will be able to utilise their specialist knowledge, as well as work closely with colleagues in related to disciplines to improve and adapt the DCS standardized design, supporting DCS Lifecycle projects.
The candidate will be required to provide guidance and advice to the site based construction teams, local designers, consultants and Colt teams in all areas of the business.
Key account abilities
- Design and engineer systems related to technical infrastructure used to support all data center installations in the COLT DCS estate
- Provide onsite technical support for all Mechanical and Electrical related issues to the delivery of Lifecycle projects or assist in the route cause investigation of technical problems
- Act as “on the ground” representation for the DCS Lifecycle Design team in Japan and Asia
- Ensuring all M & E standards are kept up to date, in conjunction with other departments in COLT DCS and that projects follow codes relevant to local compliance
- Playing an active role in supporting BIM 360
- Developing depth in own specialisms while appreciating and learning complementary areas.
Relationships and key contacts
- Acting as technical interface with Operations, design consultants and contractors employed on all Lifecycle projects
- Ensure compliance with standards of design employed by other COLT DCS departments
- Provide technical support for customer solutions, sales, marketing and real estate teams where requested.
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate hands on experience and knowledge of mechanical systems and electrical systems deployed in a data center
- Commercial awareness of M & E design and the impact of time and cost on a project, being able to demonstrate practical examples
- Demonstrate examples of when they have used their M & E experience innovatively to overcome design issues
- Demonstrate experience of working with different stakeholders in the delivery of complex technical projects
- Experienced in problem solving and fault finding
- At least 15 years cumulative engineering experience in the data center space or critical infrastructure industries.
- Experienced in working in the operational side of critical infrastructure.
- Hold recognized qualifications in mechanical and electrical design or related engineering / scientific disciplines
- Native Japanese speaker with high level of competency in Business and Technical Japanese
- English with intermediate to advanced level, with spoken and written skills
- Travel will be required within country
- Some limited travel to surrounding countries in Asia may be required
- Some limited travel to Europe may be required
N / A