Finance management is all about understanding the moving parts, people, and knowing the numbers… unless you work at Amazon it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we Our Finance Managers work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are * the * trusted business advisors. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners. and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most custom er-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense from which details that make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely, delegating, and wasting time.
Serving as a key partner to the Director of CS Operations Japan, the CS Finance Manager will oversee the development of strategic and operational financial plans, ensure controllership over assets and expenditures and performing ad-hoc analyzes as necessary to support strategic business decisions. Duties will also include:
· Leading the CS Finance team, managing and mentoring finance professionals and guiding team member career development
· Overseeing all financial planning and reporting activities for CS Operations, including the annual planning cycles and building accurate forecasts
· Approving contracts, asset acquisitions, expenditures and headcount against approved plans
· Continuously seeking out opportunities for customer experience improvements and cost reduction, and partnering with operations leadership to implement the opportunities
· Manage and develop financial models for planning, forecasting, and reporting Costs and efficiency
· Partner with Fulfillment Center Operations and Transportation teams to deliver information as well as enhance reporting capability · Monitor various productivity metrics for the Customer Service team on weekly basis and assist Operations teams with deep dives
· Partner with Business Intelligence team on execution and automation of weekly and monthly business review metrics including ensuring that all information provided is timely and accurate ·
· Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the Operations on improving and creating new measures
The role will be based at our Tokyo headquarters and occasional travel to other locations and overnight stays may be required.
More information as below link
· Operations Finance: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5637341051
· Finance Position: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5609909051
· Meguro Office: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?node=5589794051
· BA / BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 5 + years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
· 3+ years’ experience directly supervising teams and developing people
· Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· 3+ years of experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
· Ability to travel; 10% + travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
· 3+ years of proven experience with concepts of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principle
· Fluency in Japanese and English (written and spoken).
· MBA and / or Professional certification (CPA / CMA / Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
· Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on and create new assignments
· Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
· Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (ie SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and / or Cognos) and other financial systems such (ie Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
· Previous experience with Customer Service processes and systems a plus
· Key Characteristics: Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting · Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners –you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed ·
· Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events.
· Excited about working in a diverse group and contributing to an inclusive culture
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status . For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us