You may not have heard of chromatography, the science of separation, but it’s likely affected your life. Phenomenex’s chromatography products advance the future of scientific analysis and investigation, ensuring the quality of essentials like your food, water, shampoo, and even cold medication. We strive to provide the best tools and resources possible to help researchers improve global health and well-being, including award-winning liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, and sample preparation products. Be part of our global success, centered on a commitment to developing novel analytical chemistry solutions, unique marketing, and exceptional customer service and support.
Phenomenex is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
This is a technical sales position created to increase profitable sales of Phenomenex products with customers in Japan in a specific territory by meeting and exceeding its sales, gross profit, and unit goals for all Phenomenex products. Manage customer accounts (direct end-users and Channel) Partners as business dictates) to ensure advanced service and technical support to customers with onsite consultative visits on a regular basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct on-site and / or virtual customer visits to provide technical information with regards to chromatography related products and services.
- Conduct on-site and / or virtual technical seminars, product demonstrations and method development assistance to customers
- Originate phone calls, respond to incoming calls and provide technical information with regards to chromatography related products and services
- Provide technical and sales support for dealers and channel partners in Japan (includes organizing a technical and / or product sales training for dealers and channel partners)
- Attend local vendor shows and company sponsored trade shows in cooperation with Phenomenex’s channel partner (s)
- Prepare weekly and quarterly reports or as requested by Manager Consistently maintain a positive attitude, be a team player, and strive to learn and contribute to company culture. Maintain regular communication with US colleagues in sales and marketing to coordinate actions and game plans.
- Maintain and consistently build technical skills
- Manage and maintain information in customer database system with MSCRM program
- Perform other job-related duties and training as requested by customers and / or management
- Incorporate DBS commercial tools such as Weekly forecasting, funnel management, VMDM, Growth bridge, GPS goal system as need / manager requires
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (BS, MA, PhD.) In Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline in Science preferred
- Requires analytical thinking and presenting ideas
- Experience in Microsoft office and Database Management
- Strong organizational skill, plans and assigns resources in a detailed fashion
- Professional working knowledge of HPLC, GC, SPE and other chromatography or purification techniques preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in the sales of chromatography related products in Japan and 1 year lab experience preferred
- Willingness to travel between 30-60%
- Ability to travel to USA if needed
- Requires the ability to perform independently and as part of a team
- English comprehension ability with full reading comprehension and working-level writing ability preferred
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible ..
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law . The “EEO is the Law” poster is available.