- Mar 29, 2021
- English: Intermediate / Business
Japanese: Fluent Job Description
Senior role in a young company that takes Design, HCI, UX and UI seriously, to develop smart and exciting designs for users of their app.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Hands-on design work for the fintech app, while working together with the various business teams (engineering, marketing, sales, product, customer support etc)
- Leading the team of junior Interaction Designers and raising the bar on the production quality
- Propose improvements for information architecture, navigation systems, site templates, and design systems in place
- Work closely with the UX researcher to identify research needs, develop research plans, turn insights into action and to ensure the research findings are used during the decision-making process
- Work with Creative Director to enhance the app’s overall User Interface
- Set up and facilitate design thinking workshops
* Please note that you can only apply for this role if you can legally work in Japan at the time of application
- 10+ years of experience designing digital interactions for multiple platforms (minimum of 5 years designing for native apps)
- Bilingual (business level Japanese & English or above)
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, design thinking methodology, and user research methodologies
- Excellent project management skills to identify any risks, manage deadlines, and be able to handle projects that vary in scope and complexity
- Experience building a comprehensive design system
- Experience working in an agile environment and training others in it
- Experience facilitating workshops and brainstorm sessions
- Strong knowledge of common design tools (InVision, Sketch, Abstract, Overflow, and Adobe CS, etc.)
- Background in financial services, fintech, or payments industry
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, CS, or related field
- Comfortable with ambiguous situations, and can take vague directions from the executive team members and present viable solutions promptly
About our client
Our client is one of the leading fintech companies in Japan, with a very international team.
Their UX team is very well-developed, and you will be working with some of the best designers in Japan.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.