Requisition ID: 284174
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0-10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Area one: Value Advisor Experts (Engineer) provide expert consultation on value selling and implementation process which includes the development of business cases with quantified monetary benefits that help create a value-based strategy for technology sale and deployment.
Customer Engagement: Develop value based strategies and business cases with quantified monetary benefits for sale and deployment; Apply value- selling methods, benchmarks and tools to deliver comprehensive value propositions and business content with clear ROI / TCO and reflect industry (CEO top priorities for industry) / LoB specific solutions.
Thought Leadership: Develop and standardize content and thought leadership around critical components of the SAP solution portfolio. These assets include but are not limited to value propositions, competitive position in, industry best practices, references and ROI calculators, etc.
Field Enablement: Develop strategic internal relationships with sales and other key SAP leaders, and enable internal teams via training, by providing Expert on Demand Access to specific value – based expertise on client engagements, field engagement, content value chain and joint Business planning.
Trusted Advisor: Create strong, value – centric customer relationships that drive Value Realization through the customer lifecycle, via steering committees, Value Academies, VR RDS and BTS alignment.
Efficiency / Scale: Drive productivity of field, VE and VAT through tools, content, solutions and knowledge transfer methods such as communities of practice, value networks, and value academies. Develop, refine and adopt standardized innovative selling methods, tools and industry / LOB specific content for use in customer engagements and DG efforts.
Area two: Value Advisor Expert (Architect)
Customer Engagement: Define and deliver high value solutions. Plan and lead customer activities to define complete solutions that address customer needs across the SAP portfolio or products, solutions and platforms. Orchestrate and manage SAP resources across the areas of expertise to deliver a consistent and effective implementation roadmap. Translate solution needs into a compelling investment strategy.
Thought Leadership: Translate customer business strategies into seamless solution offerings. Identify trends and best practices that support the adoption of SAP’s products and services. Provide customers with a strategic perspective on leveraging technology innovation to enhance their business performance. Drive innovate and own all aspects of Value Road mapping.
Field Enablement: Develop and package sales strategies and engagement best practices that provide SAP differentiation and excite the customer. Provide training, content and tools to allow rapid assimilation and large scale field use.
Trusted Advisor: Work with customers in advisory role that dries trust and respect through broad knowledge of SAP’s strategies, solution portfolios and delivery best practices.
- 12+ years of professional experience in Sales / Consulting / Industry Solutions experience including min 4 years of management consulting experience with leading international firm or 5 + years of VE experience.
- Experience in diverse technology landscape and process / technology integration issues
- Experience with IT / business alignment issues.
- Account Engagement Design and Facilitation.
- Experience with executive interview techniques
- Experience in design and facilitation of executive workshops aligning diverse perspectives and expectations. Executive presence
- Experience with large account management
- Experience in developing deployment project plans and long term IT Roadmaps (Value Architect required)
- SAP Industry and / or product line business development. Experience building and retaining strong customer relationships
- Experience leading engagements
- Experience with business case creation, analysis, and research.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent degree required from accredited university preferred
- Advanced knowledge of value selling methodology & processes, opportunities, value chain and ecosystem analyzes experience.
- Customer facing experience.
- Fluency in English, any other language an asset.
- Fluency in the language of local markets desirable.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e- mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or, APJ :, EMEA :).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.