Who we are looking for
This is the management role for the Global Custody department in the Fukuoka Operations. An ideal candidate will initially manage a team of around 6-10 employees.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Global Custody Client Services you will
- Share responsibility for resolution of problems requiring transaction and event team’s input
- Provide expertise where possible and connect client with other STT experts as needed
- Share responsibility with manager for accurate and timely work
- Liaise with Clients, Client Services group and Relationship Managers in Tokyo to solve complex issues
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, manage and build staff commitment in the organization through challenges and times of change
- Conduct performance evaluations and identify talent in order to develop future leaders
- Drive effective collaboration and networking with other teams locally, regional and globally
- Ensure that all communication reflects the corporation professionally and ethically
- Participates in decisions making process that would normally have a serious effect on the success of the transactional operations
- Liaise with Client Services group on delivery of services to clients
- Monitors projects to ensure completion on schedule and within budget
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance / behavior, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable on Japan Financial Market and Trust / GC Industry.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong leadership, negotiation and analytical skills, proven track record of efficiency creation, proven track record of staff development
- Ensure quality, audit and change control of operating procedures, and knowledge tests of existing hires, cross training and ensure back up management.
- Lead improvement and transformation projects collaborating with other APAC sites and serve on committees and task force assignments.
- Work closely with Dept Head and Talent Development to ensure staff is adequately supported for learning initiatives.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Minimum 10 year solid experience in financial services, fund accounting and / or a back-office operations environment.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate in both English & Japanese, both verbally and in writing, fluently and effectively
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly Welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers