Requisition ID: 285527
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0-10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Presales Senior Specialist (Intelligent Spend Management)
The Senior Solution Consultant primary responsibility is to augment the sales effort by working closely with the sales team in three ways:
· Listening to customers’and prospects’ Business Commerce and Spend Management problems and needs
· Communicating Ariba’s vision for Better Business Commerce and Spend Management via the Ariba Commerce Cloud
· Leading compelling, customized Ariba product demonstrations
include taking the lead in responding to functional RFxs and helping the team build supporting ROI business cases for prospects and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Articulate and present Ariba’s value proposition both verbally and in writing to C-level executives
· Deliver high-impact software demonstrations to prospective customers that demonstrate how our applications help clients improve Spend Management performance and reduce cost
· Identify specific customer needs through one to two day site surveys
· Navigate and understand prospect’s or customer’s legacy IT environment and architect solutions that integrate with this legacy environment
· Navigate and understand prospect’s or customer’s current supply chain design and architect solutions that simplify, shorten, and reduce risk in the supply chain.
· Lead sales teams that conduct opportunity assessments
· Reduce the length of the sales cycles by answering functional questions regarding Ariba’s software and how it integrates with the prospects’ overall solution architecture
· Lead development of customer specific proofs-of-concept of software features and functionality
· Work closely with Account Executives to develop and execute on account strategies
· Create powerful visual presentations and winning proposals
· Builds relationships with key buying influences across the executive, management and end user contacts.
· Clearly articulate where SAP Ariba fits into SAP’s vision for Intelligent Enterprises and how it integrates with other SAP products such as S4HANA and Integrated Business Planning
· Understands the working styles and needs of individuals (eg customers and team members) and uses knowledge to ensure effective and timely delivery of deliverables (demonstrations, RFPs, etc).
· Tailors selling approach to the unique needs / concerns of each customer.
· Displays deep knowledge of the customer’s processes (eg Supply Chain, Procurement, Planning, Quality Management Sourcing, Accounts Payable, Finance).
· Acts as the “voice of the customer” and sales liaison to Product Management, Product Development, and Product Strategy
· Create “whitepapers” as required in response to competitive situations and needs / concerts of the customer
· Supports the selling efforts of the Account Executives / Managers, Sales Group Directors, and General Managers in order to more efficiently drive the sales process
· Previous experience leading a traditional sales cycle
· All other duties assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience in Supply Chain role such as Production Planner or Direct Material Buyer
· Experience with SAP ERP Materials Management (MM) preferred
· Experience with SAP ERP IM, WM, PP, QM nice to have
· APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional or similar Certification
· Strong sales support skills, customer service skills and commercial instinct
· Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
· Strong executive presence
Basic Minimum Qualifications
5 + years of professional work experience (preferably presales, supply chain, or procurement)
5 + years customer-facing or leading project management experience
Business level local language: expert
Ability to travel up to 40%
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e- mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or, APJ :, EMEA :).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.