N / A
DCS Incident Manager
DCS Service Operations
Tokyo / Home working
About Colt Data Center Services
In today’s world, great businesses must be secure, resilient, scalable and above all –connected.
At Colt Data Center Services this is our business. Colt Data Center Services offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data center strategy is future-proof. We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centers across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centers across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
As one of the only data center provider in the world to secure the highest M & O certification by the Uptime Institute, our operational standards are recognized as industry-leading. Data center services is offering a carrier neutral data center setting and new commercial and operational solutions for our customers.
Colt Data Center Services has over 20 years’ experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centers-hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We are at a critical turning point as we become an independently focused business and at the same time, supported with the strong backing and investment of Fidelity. We expand our footprint in Asia and Europe which enables us to invest and leverage our real estate and infrastructure. to expand our current sites and open up new ones.
You’ll be part of a dynamic, agile, forward thinking team of individuals that are looking significantly grow the business.
This is an exciting time and a new beginning for Colt DCS.
Our vision: to be the most trusted data center provider
Incident lifecycle Management –DCS Incident Manager (IM) will ensure consistent lifecycle management of all DCS incidents to restore normal service as quickly as possible, minimise the impact to Colt business and customer services and ensure fast communications reach business & customer stakeholders.
Process & Escalation Management The IM will maintain, train & embed a robust process ensuring that OLAs underpin all external customer SLAs to deliver contractual obligations. Provide a physical level of escalation for serious (P1) incidents providing critical leadership and decision making to ensure focus of resource, risk assessment and quick business & (commercially sensitive) customer communications.
Incident report creation The IM will create –and proof read –detailed and high level, commercially sensitive, internal / external reports and communications within OLA / SLA to a high standard
Incident Analysis- The IM will be responsible for identifying & analyzing incident related metrics to support risk management strategy & decisions, OLA / SLA compliance and resourcing decisions.
Ownership – driving & embedding DCS Incident Management process ensuring compliance. Owning incidents resolution across DCS estate-to maximise uptime and availability of services. Drive closure of actions and task associated to incident management and closure.
Strong management –Managing and controlling DCS P1 incidents bridge of engineering experts to drive through entire lifecycle to resolution
Service improvement –Identifying and implementing (IM) service improvements & training requirements
Prioritisation and Compliance –Meeting OLA / SLA compliance regarding incident prioritising & updating
Incident metrics -Analysing and sharing Incident metrics with business and stakeholders to drive focus, identify improvements and support risk management
Support –Problem Management through clean handover of major and repeat incident. Ensuring continued future business by identifying & implementing improved ways of working
Effective Relationships –Build effective relationship and collaboration with own and other teams
Relationships and key contacts
- DCS Incident Management Team – daily
- DCS Site Operations Teams (EU & Asia) – daily
- DCS Problem Management –weekly
- DCS Event Management Team –weekly
- DCS Site Operations Management –sometimes
- Colt Core Incident Management Team –sometimes
- DCS High Profile customers – occasionally
Colt DCS Values
Agility of a Start-Up
The ability to move fast & adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Curiosity, courage & flexibility to challenge, adapt and improve. Continually making things simpler, quicker, better, leaner.
Questions & nurtures ideas to make things faster & more efficient. Turns ideas into action. Advocate for change.
Collaborate to perform
Collaborating across many different teams and geographies to create value for DCS and its customers. Constructive, not conflicting. Clear respect for colleagues. Sharing wider knowledge and expertise.
Collaborates with global teams to support key business initiatives. Relates well across different geographies & cultures.
Step Up to Challenges
A relentless focus on execution, excellence and constantly raising the bar. Challenging complacency and being best in class. Stepping up to take real ownership for delivery and identifying ways to’move the needle’ on a bigger scale
Focuses self and others on quality, standards & execution. Proactive, steps up to make things happen without being asked to do so, using knowledge and expertise to support others.
Creating value for customers and shareholders through deep engagement & real understanding of their strategies and needs. Take a broad view of business, customer & market dynamics. Constantly think’shareholder value’ to drive Colt DCS’s commercial performance.
Understands key business metrics & owns impact on them. Leverages customer relationships
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- Ability to managing major incidents with multiple stakeholders under timebound controls to strict OLA / SLAs
- Exceptional verbal & written communications skills in English and Japanese – engineer to VP
- Ability to write long & short technical and commercially sensitive reports for multiple levels of seniority and with information from multiple sources (in English and Japanese)
- Leadership / Management experience including remote management
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural matrixed environment
- Ability to simplify complex series of events verbally described and distill into concise customer reporting under pressure and in short timescale
- Incident Management experience in Telco, Data Center or Facilities industry
- English and Japanese language
● High level Understanding of Data Center M & E components
- Experience of implementing Service Improvement Plans
- Able to lead change & transformation
- Knowledge of Problem Management
- Data center critical environment experience
- Leadership or Management qualification
- Previous / demonstrating experience of working within a multicultural invironment and disperse team.
- ITIL process Control
- ITIL v3 certification
- ITIL OSA Intermediate
- Six-sigma qualification
- Required to be an out-of-hours Incident escalation for major incidents (with back ups)
- Requirement to travel within short / long haul occasionally during working week
- Requirement to work flexible hours if a major incident has ocurred
- Be aware of Colt information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies / industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate.
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat / mitigate the same as appropriate
Version / Data
Reason for change
v1 – 22.10.2018
New – revised role
New – revised role
New – Revised role
N / A