Requisition ID: 286547
Work Area: Sales Operations
Expected Travel: 0-10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Partner Business Manager (PBM) is a field-based employee that covers partners for a specific solution (B1, BYD, HCM, CEC, SRM, etc) or for a specific engagement type (Solex, 3rd Party, MCaaS, OEM, ISV) , gVAR, Distribution, etc), in order to grow SAP’s software license revenue across the SAP solution portfolio. The PBM is responsible for proactively developing the partner’s SAP business by driving sales (to net new customers and to the partner’s current customer base), demand generation and partner capabilities with a strong focus on mid-term perspective.
The PBM is the main point of contact for building the partner relationship with SAP. The PBM is the central advisor to the partner, owning the partner relationship end to end, and responsible for coordinating all SAP interactions (with executives, PSA, solutions teams, peers, etc.) in order to drive partner investments and growth in SAP’s solutions portfolio. The job incumbent is responsible for appropriately managing / balancing the use of SAP assets (ie Pre-Sales, Training, PSA, etc.) without under-or He or she develops partners for long term development, health-of-business and transformation to new solutions, technologies and models. The Partner Business PBM supports partner enablement to drive partners to self-sufficiency from demand generation to closing deals. The PBM provides support to partners in sales cycles via coaching, mentoring and shadowing in customer facing sales activities. Position is measured on revenue, year-over-year growth, market shar e growth, adoption of strategic solutions (ie Hana, Cloud) and GB impact.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Strategic Value and Business Development –Responsible for the holistic management and representation of the Partner to SAP, and for proactively managing and developing the partner following a disciplined business planning process to expand their partner’s business with SAP.
- Understands the partner’s basic financial structure and key drivers which influence their business and decisions
- Proactively develops active and long-term partner relationships across all roles in the partner (executives, sales, marketing, technical,…), and keeps up to date with all changes to the partners’ organization as well as with the changing environment at SAP
- Understands and articulates the relevant SAP portfolio in terms of the customer value proposition and the partner value proposition (including partner economics, partner ROI, advise the partner on investments into various solutions as is seen fit, using available SAP experts);
- Presents SAP opportunities (ie new product, new solutions area) in financial terms including potential revenue, required partner investment, break-even, and return on investment to gain partner adoption –mainly focusing on extending the partner’s sweet spot (vs. entering completely new) business areas)
- Assists partner in building transformational plans to differentiate themselves and add value to customers –Explains economic trends and industry knowledge to support the partner’s investment in developing their SAP business and to gain trusted advisor status
- Develops and drive effective joint annual business planning with partner to ensure proper planning and execution of Sales, Marketing, and Enablement.
- Works on investment and expansion plans,
- Documents partner’s commitments and investments,
- Holds partners accountable and measure (and report) results and ROI on documented marketing and demand generation plans regularly (ie, quarterly updates and reviews).
- Utilizes existing experts within SAP to prepare, deliver and follow up on the business planning
- Proactively provide professional preparation and leadership of partner / SAP meetings
Overall: Revenue Generation and Leadership –Responsible for sales of SAP software licenses with and through partners across SAP’s portfolio and establishing an advisory relationship with the partner and SAP teams.
- Drives partner execution to revenue commitments to SAP and measures and reports progress
- Trains partners on SAP sales methodology on overall SAP and specific product and solution positioning, and on competitive responses;
- Develops partner’s sales skills on successful sales strategies and on individual opportunities through sales coaching, opportunity reviews, role-playing, and observing and assisting at customer visits.
- Utilizes available experts (presales, GBSE, AEs, etc.) to generate the best possible approach and result for the partner’s business.
- Guides partner on the sales landscape and how SAP solutions complement other software and technologies that the partner sells to increase size of opportunities and the partner’s margin
- Collaborates with SAP teams (Account Executive, Inside Sales Executive, General Business Sales Executives, etc.) acting as a strategic liaison between the partner and SAP to ensure effective communications, aligned strategies, and sales successes; ensure partner uses full SAP resources effectively ( executives, solution experts, sales, support, field services, etc.)
- Updates and communicates key partner changes –for example, new partner executives or organizational structure, new SAP solutions authorizations, partner demand generation campaigns, investments, etc. –to relevant SAP systems and teams (eg, PRM, ISE’s, Account Executives)
- Prevent and resolve conflicts. Escalate as needed
Partner Demand Generation and Pipeline Creation –Responsible for partner’s pipeline development; driving to SAP’s expectation of pipeline multipliers, and leveraging SAP marketing and business development resources and tools.
- Understands, develops and shares relevant demand generation and pipeline creation best practices with partners
- Leads and drives partner to expand their SAP footprint to the innovation solution portfolio where relevant, and incorporate the new solutions in pipeline building and demand generation plans;
- Guides partner’s demand generation plans to align with SAP’s current go-to-market messaging;
- Influences partner to effectively utilize 100% of their marketing development funds;
- Ensures partners utilize and leverage SAP’s Marketing resources, tools, collateral, sales plays, and other SAP demand generation programs;
- Tracks and measures the return on investment (ROI) on the partner’s documented demand generation activities
- Develops and executes a pipeline development plan to meet partner’s pipeline multiplier goals, net new name goals, and revenue commitments; including setting goals for establishing customer references
- Meeting with top partner sales people for account planning.
- Ensure that the partner collaborates to build and execute joint demand generation activities with SAP regional, industry and national Sales, Business Development and Marketing Teams to grow a mutual pipeline and that partners agree to clear account and align plans as to close more business.
- Driving & owning the forecast from the assigned partners and being accountable for partner participation, partner business planning, partner portfolio expansion, partner demand generation and pipeline and partner growth.
General Partner Management –Responsible for the overall success of a partner with SAP, and for partner compliance with SAP PartnerEdge program requirements and SAP’s Chanel Operating Policies. Support for complex deals in accounts under 700m €.
- Act as a thought leader to optimize partner engagement and investment in the SAP ecosystem and portfolio
- Effectively trains partner’s sales force to become experts on delivering the SAP value proposition (overall and by solution)
- Guides partner to work effectively within SAP’s Go-to-Market strategy
- Ensures PartnerEdge requirements are met and take corrective action as necessary, if required with E & C mgmt.
- Diagnoses and prescribes corrective action for underperforming partners
- Ensures that partners – and SAP teams –operate in a professional and ethical manner; take action or escalate if professionalism and ethics standards are not being met
- 10+ years working experience in the software industry
- 7+ years in a partner facing role (ex. Customer Service, Sales, Consulting); experience working at a SAP partner is a’plus’
- Demonstrated partnering and sales leadership skills
- Relevant experience in cloud / HANA topics
- Business development planning and execution experience in driving sales pipeline, demand gen, and enablement with partners
- Strong analytical competencies
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Effective communication and presentation skills an executive level
- High energy –brings innovative ideas to the team and champions best practices
- Proven capability to work in a team and collaborate; with independent accountability
- Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Local market knowledge and understanding (software industry, trends, vertical market industries, etc.)
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
- Master equivalent: preferred
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e- mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or, APJ :, EMEA :).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.