Work closely with the sales team, be sensitive to sales situations, able to quickly analyze a technical problem. Be able to deliver effective presentation and demonstration of products to both large and small technical and non-technical audiences.
Provide front-line product technical support, including email and hot line phone call product support. Interface and coordinate with global technical support group to meet customers’ satisfaction.
- Provide expert hotline support to customers for the Cognex Vision and Identification Products family.
- Provide technical support to satisfy customer’s request.
- Manage and handle all possible platforms used and supported by our products, including Host machines (eg PC, Stand-alone), Operating systems (Windows10 & others), Compilers (eg C ++, VB, C #, .NET), Industrial protocols and other related areas
Provide RA service. Guide customer how to get Cognex hardware status. Provide RA number and quotation to customer.
- Identify customer’s problems, duplicate them and provide adequate solution on both Hardware and Software issues in the shortest timeframe.
- Escalate bug-related issues to Corporate Product Engineering.
Team building and management, as a leader, you will also participate in the management of the Japan Support Team. Team operations are not limited to Japan, you have the opportunity to operate specially organized engineers and projects around the world.
This position takes advantage of the excellent international teamwork in an inspiring and highly energetic environment.
BS in an engineering field such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics or equivalent. Knowledge of optics and lighting is of benefit. In addition, knowledge of Deep Learning is of higher benefit.
Japanese & English (spoken and written) is mandatory.
Any additional language would be highly valuable.
A minimum of 5 ~ 10 years of experience in a similar position in factory automation is required. Previous experience of at least one year with machine vision or automation is a MUST. Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: C # .Net, VC ++, VB.Net. Understanding of the PC and networking environment is an absolute must.
Technical background education in an engineering field such as Automation, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics or equivalent,
At least 5 ~ 10-year training in programming as professional in C ++ or C # ”language is must and VB.NET, Java-script is nice to have.
Requires small volume (about 10 people) team management experience.
The uppermost qualification is a working attitude of devoting to achieving team goal, and to helping customer to solve their problem in a timely and satisfactory manner.
Candidate should have good communication, interpersonal, technical, organizational and presentation skills, good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Availability required: Immediate
Additional Job Description