Requisition ID: 282767
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0-40%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The role focuses on relationship-building and proactive support activities that in turn promote overall customer satisfaction, product adoption. The Customer Success Manager is a client-facing role, delivering ongoing support and guidance around business strategy and transformation topics after the sales cycle has completed. and retention & renewals.
Key tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop a trusted relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers from customers and SAP partners.
- Understand key elements of the customer’s environment and Cloud strategy.
- Management of customers in at least two different SAP Cloud Solutions.
- Understand and respond to customer needs bringing the customers value in the focus.
- Define and drive a targeted goal-based engagement plan (Success Plan).
- Provide expertise to customers’ use of SAP Cloud solutions,
- Facilitate access to product and functional expertise for certain topic areas eg via Empowerment Sessions.
- Provide tailored Release Reviews to support customer to develop an appropriate strategy that maximizes feature adoption.
- Meet customer expectations by anticipating and orchestrating in the resolution of their top issues, act as an escalation point and collaborate with other departments as needed.
- Collaborate with internal teams by providing important customer feedback, process-improvement suggestions, troubleshooting tips etc.
- Seek out and embrace feedback, take on challenging assignments to improve skills, keep knowledge and skills up-to-date and turn mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Monitor quality of work and identify opportunities for continual improvement.
- Note this is mainly a remote role; however occasional customer visits can be considered (up to 40% on-site presence).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You have a proven record of successful account management and are a proactive learner and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy interactions that lead to ultimate customer success and satisfaction. You focus on details, particularly with communication, follow- up and documentation and you delight in exceeding customer expectations.
- Customer orientation and focus on quality, as well as skills to interact / collaborate with customer IT and LOB decision makers.
- Customer facing experience is essential.
- Experience with Public speaking an presentations to audiences up to 100 people.
- Cloud mindset, and an understanding of Cloud deployments with SAP Activate methodology
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, internally and externally, with appropriate discretion where required.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure, work independently, and take ownership of assigned tasks (pro-active driver, results-oriented, pragmatic)
- Excellent communication & presentation (soft) skills.
- Enthusiast, strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Excellent English language skills, written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Graduate with a Bachelor or Honors Degree in IT / Computer Science / Physics / Mathematics / Engineering / Business with IT or equivalent.
- 3-5 + years’ working experience with proven ability in a customer-facing role to work with dedicated customers on project and senior management level.
- Mandatory experience with either SuccessFactors, S4HANNA, IBP, CX Cloud Products.
- Proven record in managing issues, scope, and quality while bringing areas of responsibility and tasks to successful completion within the time requirements.
- Experience in working in global / virtual teams is an advantage.
- Experience in transferring knowledge to others (coaching & mentoring) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP Preferred Success and / or SAP Enterprise Support is an advantage
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and / or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e- mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or, APJ :, EMEA :).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.