As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to work closely with our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
A significant aspect of the role consists of design, development and support of client facing Websites and APIs. The candidate would work on our award winning Portfolio Analytics platform that drives Digital Funds Business, and join us in the journey of global expansion with multiple markets in Asia. The engineer will get opportunities to work on strategic projects leveraging modern cloud platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS), enterprise APIs and strategic toolsets. The role requires candidate to participate and drive design, delivery and support of application, while working closely with Product and Engineering teams on a day-to-day basis and partnering with clients in the region and taking accountability.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on engineer having a sound understanding of Financial domain, strong Object Oriented programming concepts, good coding background on back-end and front-end and relevant technologies such as Cloud Computing, Middleware, Networking and Analytics. Experience In managing implementation / service vendors for collaborative development between the vendor and internal tech teams is a plus. This role requires experience in collaborating with business engineers from around the globe to streamline regional requirements into global standards.
The Asset Management Digital Technology Team is responsible for developing and delivering external platforms across web, mobile, email and emerging channels. Our digital presence helps our clients and advisors find Asset Management products that best fit their financial goals. The digital ecosystem you will work on provides critical product information as well as Thought Leadership across multiple countries and languages.
JP Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management.
JP Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, We offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, investment professionals provide over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, UK, Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
- 7+ years of total experience in software engineering and hands-on coding roles
- Experience working with global teams and developing strong working relationships with business stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of delivery and leadership of teams working in an agile environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English as working language to effectively engage local clients or stakeholders.
- Experience with continuous integration processes and tools
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or equivalent
Technical Skill Set
- Strong experience in designing and developing web applications using object oriented principles and design patterns in Java. Knowledge of Java Spring framework
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Unit Testing frameworks such as Junit, Cypress JS, Selenium, Cucumber
- Familiarity building applications in cloud is preffered
- Build / Packaging tools including Jenkins, Maven, node / npm, Grunt, Webpack
- Code versioning tools such as GIT
- Knowledge / experience with API Management and Networks would be a plus