Senior Financial Analyst (for Marketing)
The role requires the holder to look after the monthly closing of accounts with standard as well as analytical reports as per the requirement of Management. The role also requires support in forecasting, planning & JDE Set ups as well as other reporting tools. Working under the Commercial controller the holder is required to ensure timely and accurate monthly closing, monthly reporting, and analysis of accounts. Similarly, the holder is instrumental in ensuring the proper Master Set Ups in JDE. With these responsibilities it becomes necessary for the holder to be efficient in handling the reporting area and also manage them on schedule.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DEGREE OF INFLUENCE
1) Monthly Closing:
- Ensure that all Marketing related entries are timely posted and there are no mismatches in entries considering accounting system.
- Analysis of pending transactions and alerts for erroneous transactions in case of JDE Set ups error or system errors.
- Ensure the provisions / accrual entries are timely posted with working to support the entries.
- Ensure the monthly JDE programs are timely performed for allocations and reporting.
- Co-ordinate with other functions particularly Marketing in performing the monthly closing & monthly reporting.
- Generate reports on actual / plan / forecasts for presentations.
- Challenge various functions on the plans / forecasts and before finalizing.
- Monitor P & L variances viz. Actual vs. plans vs. PY with explanations.
2) SKU P & L:
- Be the point of contact for the Marketing team for all product P & L related dealings.
- Properly train the Marketing team in discipline and procedure for P & Ls and coordinate actions within the Finance team to streamline the checking process
3) Other Reporting:
- Ensure accurate & timely monthly data upload and reporting in global applications.
- Ensure timely and accurate Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations for Marketing and Prepaids.
- Ensure timely Marketing Spends Tracking Reports and any ad-hoc / additional reporting as necessary to support the Finance Director and Commercial Controller.
4) Support to Controller:
- Support to Controller for JDE Set Ups and related updates to documents.
- Support to Controller & FD for report downloads from JDE or SAP and preparation of various templates as per the requirements.
- Support to Accounting team for various accounting report submission such as Marketing Spends Reports, etc.
5) Forecast / Plan Support:
- Support the Controller in organizing Forecast and Plan uploads.
- Take responsibility for Forecast / Plan communications and updates with Marketing team to ensure proper timelines are kept and information is accurate.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or higher degree
EXPERIENCE: Finance, Accounting or FP & A (Min 3 years)
KNOWLEDGE / COMPETENCE:
Business level of Japanese and English, Excel and other MS Office APPs, Reporting tools, Analytical skills, Track record of delivery, Goal oriented, Sets clear priorities and meet deadlines.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly global organization.
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. based on merit, competence and business need.